Ferrari of Denver Warranty | FerrariChat

Ferrari of Denver Warranty

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 92_348ts, Jan 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 92_348ts

92_348ts Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2002
    Boise, Idaho
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I purchased my 348 from Ferrari of Denver in June of 2002. Unfortunately, a couple of months later my A/C compressor went out. I called FOD and voiced my concern, however the only thing the salesman stated he could do for me was to sell me the compressor at his cost, still almost $3,000.

I was going through my purchase paperwork today and noticed that FOD gave me a 60 day warranty on the car when purchased and one of the items covered was the A/C compressor. The compressor went out 53 days after purchase, so technically it should have been covered under the warranty (I didn't know this warranty existed when I called them about the compressor).

FOD was very professional when I purchased the car, so I'm sure when I call them in the morning they should honor the warranty. However (playing devil's advocate) if they do decline to honor the warranty, where do I stand since this occurred over a year ago?

Also, the warranty states: "ANY COVERED REPAIRS MUST BE PERFORMED
    IN OUR SERVICE DEPARTMENT UNLESS SPECIFICALLY AUTHOURIZED ELSEWHERE AND ANY DECISION WHETHER TO REPAIR OR REPLACE ANY COMPONENT WITH NEW OR LIKE KIND PARTS IS AT OUR DESCRETION BASED ON COMMERCIALLY ACCEPTABLE STANDARDS" The problem is that I live approximately 1,400 miles away from FOD, so it would be difficult to get the car back down there for the repair, especially in the winter months. Do you feel it would be a fair request for them to send a new A/C compressor to a local shop and then pay for the install?

Any comments would be appreciated.

2. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    I have dealt with FOD for the about 2 years and they are always great. Give them the details and I am confident they will make it right.

Which salesman? Also talk to Jeff in Service.

3. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    If this happened over a year ago and you have nothing in writing that you sent over when it happened I would say your are SOL. How can you prove to them that it happened back then and if it did, why didn't you take care of it then? I hope they do something for you but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

4. 92_348ts

92_348ts Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2002
    Boise, Idaho
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Jeff- I didn't take car of it then because I just discovered that I had the warranty a couple of hours ago. As far as the paper trail, I still have printouts of the correspondence e-mails (time stamped) from when it occurred.

5. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    If you have the emails and they were in the warranty period then hopefully you won't have a problem.