2004 Radar Detector Test and Buyer's Guide | FerrariChat

2004 Radar Detector Test and Buyer's Guide

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by thomas_b, Jan 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
  2. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    My friend in his 911 just got ticketed a few weeks ago for no front license plate in Seattle. He said the fine was $100+, but he didn't have to get it checked. i.e., He paid the fine and left the plate off. That's in contrast to CA which checks and signs off on the work (last I heard). Question is: how much is it worth per year to run without a front plate?

3. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    (mhh - laser guns with digital camera - that will be hard to fight in court - I wonder how long before they really crack down on front license plates) quote

The RCMP has been doing this for a few years in British Columbia, Canada. They mail the speeding ticket to you. Washington State residents seem to be exempt from this program, as we have no reciprocity agreement (according to the WA State Attorney General's Office). I am quite certain I have been in their sights, yet have not received a ticket. :)

4. Prancing_Horse

Prancing_Horse Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Arlington,VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    damn

radar detecters are illegal in my state, and i live in virginia.

out of all the states that have speeders like california

they had to put it in a state that has the least car chases

retated