Ferrari Dealer Signs | FerrariChat

Ferrari Dealer Signs

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by sagaponack, Jan 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sagaponack

sagaponack Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Rob
  2. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    this board sponsor http://www.ferraribooks.com sells them as well, i believe - though no clue if they'd be cheaper. in fact, he's also in FL - maybe it's the same guy.

doody.

3. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    to tell you the truth you can have one made double the size for less then that just take the horse picture to a sighn shop and they will make you a sighn anyway you like neon or incadesent

4. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    I bought mine for around $300 - a large plexi sign with inner wood frame suitable for backlighting. I then bought about $60 worth of electrical components (tubes, ballast, tube mounts, wire, etc.) from Lowes and built my own 4-tube flourescent lighting board that hangs behind my sign on my garage wall - plug it in, and the whole sign lights! I have the sign hanging on large lag bolts as stand-offs from the wall to allow light to shine around the sign as well as through it. I'll post a pic this weekend.

5. sagaponack

Nov 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I would love to see that sign.

6. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    Pardon the momentary hijack. When Lancia dropped out of the USA market, I heard that one of the local dealers had his illuminated roadside signs sitting by his dumpster. I went down, talked to the owner, and bought the pair of them for $50. He told me to keep it quiet (this was 20 years ago, it's OK now!) because Lancia USA had ordered the signs destroyed. They have been in my garage ever since.

7. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    Beautiful Flaminia you have (had?) there... Love those signs too!

8. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    #8 M.James, Jan 5, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    #9 M.James, Jan 5, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    And another one with the lights on.....you can see the sign all the way down the street when I leave the garage door open at night.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

And what is your exact address please?

LOL just kidding. Must be nice in Charleston. Here in NJ, an advertisement like that wld not only result in a stolen F-car, but they'd prob take the sign and toolbox as well!

Excellent work on the sign - it looks terrific!

11. sagaponack

Nov 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Would you sell one of the signs? You have 2.

Best,

Rob

12. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    Right now, the garage is empty save for the decor....that will soon change. But when the F-Car comes, no worries - I've left the garage door open all day, unattended, and not worried about it. We can do that down here when its not too humid. I suppose it helps to live in a neighborhood where the local police can afford to live - we have several in our neighborhood, and in SC they're allowed to take their police cruisers home with them and park them in their driveways.

On the weekends, most everyone has their garage doors up all day, working on something - motorcycles, hot rods, muscle cars, etc. My neighbor builds and races high-performance Karts - some cool noises coming from his garage from time to time!

13. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Doody,

Purchased the one from www.ferraribooks.com and must say that in my opinion it is not worth more than $400. Next time you stop by remind me to show it to you and you can make your own judgement. The unit appears to NOT be universal world voltage as claimed by www.ferraribooks.com and all it really is is thick plastic with colored plastic tape-like material for the Ferrari logo and top colors. Furthermore, the sign is not weather sealed and the plastic with the emblem does not fit snugly in the frame nor is sealed on to the frame housing in any real manner that would constitute a proper all-weather sign.

Specifically am referring to :http://www.ferraribooks.com/inc/pdetail?v=1&pid=1412 listed as Price: $1599.99 Sign: Two Sided External Trademark (90 cm) (Lighted).

Seriously Doody, stop by here and see it. ALMOST threw it in the garbage a few times... if it wasn't for the $$$$ spent on it.

With all due apologies, yet want Fchatters to understand the possible severe lack of quality of the unit. Will GLADLY post HIGH RESOLUTION pics of the unit to back up my opinions. Called him and left a message about the lack of quality and NON-UNIVERSAL voltage and never received a return call. Sad really as have purchased other items from him and those transactions went extremely well.

Enjoy the Music,

Steven R. Rochlin

14. Sodacom

Sodacom Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    GREENSBORO, NC
    Full Name:
    DAVID SODERQUIST
    I have an old origional one, would be willing to part with if anyone is interested.
    Looks like the one below on EBay.
    Cheers,
    Dave
    ~Sodacoms~
    www.sodacoms.com

15. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    sodacom,

i'm interested. please pm me price. thx.

16. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I almost grew the balls to hijack the old sign when FoH moved recently!

The old one just went to pieces as weeks went by, at the old location.
    Seriously, I've got sign graphics guys who can do almost anything, for less money that these guys are talking. It's just a back lit panel!

What voltage did you need on yours, Steve? We can field modify the ballasts. Fluorescent tubes, or what? PM me on that.

17. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    So how much can he do it for? I'd be happy with just the panel, I can put my own frame together and lighting is no big deal.

18. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I use HighTech Signs in Houston for all my race karts as well as The World's Fastest Art Car. They price based upon manhours in art work plus costs of materials, and they can do anything! Full computer graphics capability, and they already have the Fcar and my sponsor stuff "in the can".

They also handled the Pinnacle Motorsports Iveco Ferrari Rescue Vehicle.

Call 713 681-6663, and ask for Tom or Mike. [email protected]

Tell 'em some guy with a Ferrari Art Car sent ya!

19. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG

Thanks for the link, It'll make getting one made alot easier!, if anybody in the UK wants one have just given the link etc to a neighbour who makes signs

20. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Thanks Speedy. Will e-mail photos.

21. He does sell Ferrari neon signs.

22. MARQ

MARQ Formula 3

Feb 9, 2002
    East Coast US