ferrari days..... | FerrariChat

ferrari days.....

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by riverflyer, Jan 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    We just spent the last two days immersed in Fcars, past and present. Got to really examine, listed to, sit in and also drive some very fine cars. From TR to Enzos, with f50, 550 barchetta, 360, 360 stradale, various 355's, a beautiful little dino and an anniversary Murci for good measure. Also, Vanquish, the new Bentley and more. Wow, my head is so full of incredible images, sounds and ideas to say nothing of prices!!(Enzo was 1.3million)
    Anyway, my favorite, normal level, fcar remains the 550/575. However my bank account is telling me the 355 is the one as a third vehicle that it can live with. I love the 355 styling and handling. I drove an F1 car a couple of times and really enjoyed it. I have been driving 6spds for a long time though and am undecided about the switch at this point, although it seems to be the wave of the future.
    Anyway, one point I need help with is the seats in the 355. I am 6'2 and pretty broad shouldered and find the seats leave me feeling like the a school kid whose seat is just too small anymore. I can fit in the cabin ok, find the space adequate(berlinetta by choice) and all else is fine just the seats. Does anyone know if 360 sport or daytona seats will bolt into the 355? Any other options that longer folks have utilized? thanks for any input, John
    ps. if anyone is looking for fine used fcars, the two gentleman we dealt with are first class, very knowledgeable, very cool, unpretentious and fun to talk Ferrari with. That would be Graham Pike at Silicon Vally, and Evan Shone at Mill Valley Ferrari(I believe this is the only Ferrari owned dearlership in N. America)

2. solly

solly Formula 3

Jun 2, 2001
    Westchester NY
    Full Name:
    Dr. Steven S.
    I am 6'4" and 270 lbs. and I fit very comfortably into my 360 spider seats. I don't know if they are a direct bolt-on for a 355. However, even if they were they will be very expensive. Have you thought of a racing seat? I bought a terrific very comfortable racing seat for my 360 Challenge for about $700 from the dealer, although it's made by Sparco. Definitely suitable for everyday driving and plenty of room, not to mention saving a few thousand. You can also get a custom made racing seat (they pour some stuff down the back of the shell, and it hardens into a foam around your body) for a few hundred more. I would probably go this route unless you can find a trashed 360 being parted out.

I find the racing seat more comfortable than the standard 360 seat.

3. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Solly, thanks for the advice. I really like the idea of having a seat made to my body, who and where?
    Are there any other 355 owners who have this problem and have come up with a solution?

4. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    Might not be so good for resale, assuming you will be reselling

5. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    I believe Sparco makes the optional Sport Seat for the 360, so they are a fine aftermarket solution.

Gary

6. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Gary, thanks for the advice. I just checked out their site and was amazed at the offerings. I will call them later to find out about fitment options.