Squid Schedule for Cavallino Classic | FerrariChat

Squid Schedule for Cavallino Classic

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Cavallino Motors, Dec 23, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Okay here it goes:

On Friday is a track date. Byron from LA is flying in to spend the weekend with us. I will pick Byron up in the morning from a red-eye. We will head to the track and spend the day watching. Hope we can all meet up there.

Friday evening:

Rachels is a strip club with world famous steaks (yes, I mean the cow steaks...for those with a sick mind:))
    I would say we meet at Rachels at 8pm and celebrate Williams Birthday and have food and fun. Girls are allowed to come and I will guess that my wife will actually be there. That does not mean you have to be on your best behavior. :)

Saturday is Concourse day. Arrive early to see the cars being placed and to have enough time to enjoy the many classics and the breathtaking atmosphere at the Breakers, of one the true old Florida Mansion Hotels.

Lunch we will meet at a local restaurant in walking distance. We will have a choice of menue 3 different items at the same price. I will see that we get a fixed price including tip, tax and sodas so there will be no confussion about who has to pay what.

Then back to the Breakers for more car watching and walking off those extra pounds.

Sounds like a plan?

2. BrentC

BrentC Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2003
    Martin,

Who all is invited? May we from Michigan participate in at least some of the activities? Also, can we help organize something (albeit long distance)? Let me know here or PM me. We'd love to meet some F-Chatters face-to-face.

Best regards,
    Brent

3. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Let me be clear here:

ALL EVENTS are invites to ALL Ferrari Chat members. This includes the Keys rally and all dinners etc.

WE WANT YOU THERE !!!!

This is what this is all about. Once you meet us you know why. It is about fun and good times. Heck which other club or non-club goes to a strip joint for a meeting :)

4. BrentC

BrentC Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2003
    Martin,

Duly noted. WE'LL BE THERE!

(Heck, maybe you can even sell me a car...)

5. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Martin, you want to celebrate my Bday at a strip club ? You de Man. Any brothels in Palm Beach ? probably costs $5k to get a hummer LOL. I'm going to the Jet party Weds, thurs & fri track , Sat the Concorso & Sun Mar A Lago with The Donald

6. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    So do we make it official and announe Rachels as the official meeting house of the Squids?

Paulie will finally get his commission!

Looking forward to seeing everyone. It turns out I will have some business to attend to during Cavallino week so will have to play the
    schedule by ear but wouldnt miss any of this stuff!

BHW

7. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman

8. Ksullender

Ksullender Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    I'll probably only be able to make Saturday. Martin, what time and where would be a good place to meet up with everyone on Saturday?

9. Enzo Alibrandi

Dec 24, 2003
    Martin,

Alfredo and I would like to drive with both car cars and some of the other Ferraris. Let us know when and where you're going to meet up on Friday.

Enzo

10. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Enzo,
    good to see you here. :)

I will likely have to pick up Byron in the morning. Anytime from 6am to 8am I guess. Then I was planning to head north to Moroso. I could meet up with you on the way. Need your cell to be in contact when we are leaving. If he comes into Fort Lauderdale we could meet by the airport.
    Wouldn't that be cool. Getting picked up curbside with 3 Ferraris :)

Ken,
    Saturday you eventually stumble accross everyone on the field. Lunch will be setup before so everybody knows. I will start talking to Paulie where and what we will arrange. By Mid Jan you will know.

11. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
  12. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
  13. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
  14. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    Enzo, If I don't work Friday I'll meet with you. Saturday for the concourse we can definitely drive up together along with Frank, Pedro, etc....

15. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    You guys should be thinking about staying over night and doing the Friday night party with us. It will be fun.

16. Shuey2k

Shuey2k Karting

Nov 14, 2003
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Willi Schumacher
    Martin, my brother and I are going to try and make it over for Friday night and Saturday. Do you have any suggestions for hotels?

Thanks,

Greg McCarthy

17. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    Martin, I was gonna come down this year but alas, the wife wants to go someplace warm! Last year it snowed didn't it? We're taking a last minute flight to the Caribbean someplace. I might come down in May, maybe we can hook up then. Have a great time!

18. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Schuey: Try the Fairfield Inn on Indiantown Road.

It's about 10 minutes from Moroso in Jupiter and reasonably priced.

BHW

19. chefrobear

chefrobear Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2002
    cravanzana, Italia
    Full Name:
    Robert Ginsberg
    What time are you guys going to be at Rachels Friday night? we are not doing the yacht hop but I am doing a private party that evening. Should be finished by 10 or so. I will be at the breakers and Mar-a-lago. Leaving from the brunch and going to do a charter in the Exumas.

20. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Chef,
    ...the easy life :)

We have no set time yet but I will say 8pm maybe 7pm.

Gives enough time to get from the track to the Hotel and get changed for the night.

Jay,
    sorry to hear you are going further south. Yes it did snow but that was a freak of nature kind of thing. Normally it is warm and pleasant.

Which part of the Caribbean are you heading to?

I will book the hotel this week as well.

21. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Martin,
    I'll be booking my flight today... sounds like a plan!! I'm not too sure about the steaks though...I'll be pretty "mad" just being there with you guys and in front of beautiful ladies! I will be there for sure... I'll let you know all the details later.

Ken, bring out the new car! :)

thanks!
    Byron

22. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    What do you mean you are not sure about the steaks? Vegetarian?
    Just remember: If the cows would have a chance, they would eat you as well :)

23. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    Martin.

i will be there at the track on friday hopefully with my 3 year old. let me know where you guys are going to meet up. we missed each other at the challenge race last year!

24. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    The "talent" is set and confirmed for Friday night! We'll stay out late, close Rachel's, go to breakfast and then to the concours. We can always sleep on the lawn of the concours!

25. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Good idea Paul, except that Marion wants to get back to the HOtel I am sure.

Here is the Hotel I just booked for that night:

Fairfield Inn in Jupiter, about 10 min from the track and 5 min from Pauls house..LOL
    (561) 748-5252 ask for the AAA rate King bed and you get the room for $103. You can also book through Travelocity.