Tubi is to release GT exhaust for CS | FerrariChat

Tubi is to release GT exhaust for CS

Discussion in '360/430' started by rscholl, Jan 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rscholl

rscholl Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2003
    Houston,TX
    I just heard from Scuderia Systems that Tubi is soon to release their GT system for the Stradale. Scuderia Systems is supposed to post sound clips soon. FYI.

2. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Stocks to quiet eh? :)

3. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Why on earth would somebody replace the standard ones? They sound fantastic!

I guess you might need to make the quieter in the US - wazza here took his CS to Goodwood race track and had a static measurement of the standard unit at 2/3 RPM, they measured 111dBa - too loud to race!

4. rscholl

rscholl Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2003
    Houston,TX
    The guy I spoke with at Scuderia Systems said that he thinks people will prefer the Tubi over Capristo on the Stradale. Supposedly sounds better...but that's quite subjective. No reference to Tubi vs stock system was made.

5. mrmckay

mrmckay Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2003
    MD, USA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    They have sound clips available now.

6. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    I heard a Tubi'd CS very recently: sounds quite different from stock, and actually, I like it more. Improved tonality.

Oh, and the stock system weighs quite a bit!!

--Dan

7. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    "I guess you might need to make the quieter in the US"

This is very important - so many US tracks now have sound regulations. I'd love to reduce weight, but also may need to reduce noise for track events. Seems odd, using the loud set-up for the street, and the quiet one for the track.

8. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
  9. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    I will put the sound of my 360 coupe with a Tubi up against any other; even a 360 Challenge. Have gotten many compliments as the best sounding 360. No cats also.
    I feel like the guy on the Porsche Cayenne commercial where he puts the phone on the ground near his exhaust.

10. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Im reserving my opinion on the sound until i hear it in the flesh, the Stock CS sounds great once the valves open but at idle + 3000rpm ;-( Its a bit lame for me...

11. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    Wow and i thought my 360 spider with tubi was loud!