005 mustang images | FerrariChat

005 mustang images

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by writerguy, Jan 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    #1 writerguy, Jan 4, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    Oh no. That other picture posted here on another thread was for real. Hang on, my breakfast is coming back up.......gotta go.......

3. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Those spotlight sized fog lights look hideous. The whole exterior is dissapointing compared to the concept.The interior is so hardcore retro it makes me sick.But the fit and finish of it is better than the previous cars.But I'm not a ford fan either.

4. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    teh prototypes hood looked much better

5. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Why cant designers come up with something original, the 64 mustang was great because it was different (in a very good way)

6. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I remember the first time I saw a Mustang. I was looking out the window of my elementary school ( I did that a lot) and there it was on the street below. That was a defining moment for me. Having said that, I have never owned a Mustang and probably never will. I still like them though.
    A design being 40 years old should not necessarily preclude its continuation, or rebirth in the case of the Ford GT. That's one of the beautys of having so many options in the vehicle marketplace.
    I think this current Mustang is great looking, even though it is not really a great car. It sure does beat those lousy 4-banger Mustangs from years ago.

7. Tennlee

Tennlee Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2002
    Great Smoky Mountains
    I've had several first gen mustangs. I wish they'd do something late model I could be excited about.

8. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Yikes........!!!!

Get rid of those "fug ugly" grille mounted lights...........it absolutely ruins the look of the car.......they are just terrible and too damn big. I know the old Shelby's had them.....but they pulled it off a lot better that this design has done.

They should also uncover the outer headlights.......those flush plastic covers take a lot away from the front end lines.

And.....where is the cool retro Shelby GT500 hood scoop treatment that the show car had ??? Are they saving that as part of the tape stripe package which will be at extra cost ???

Those chrome "bling-bling" wheels are hideous also..........gawd...........what's going on at that company ???

Rumor had it the base car would be 390 HP..........it'll probably be a secretaries V6 again.

I was thinking about putting down a deposit on one......seriously.......but now I may wait to see it in the metal once they launch the GT version.

9. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    i'd take the concept over that

10. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    I think i am going to need that Barf bag you are holding for Jordan :p

11. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    the car looks like a big heap of metal junk. too bulky looking. POS in my opinion.

12. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Regardless of it's new looks, it will still sell. I'm sure many after market companies are now working on better exterior improvements.

13. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Also, I think I saw the new Chevy SSR on Beltway 8 on the way to the autocross, kind of looked like a yellow mailbox.

14. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    I've been a Mustang guy for a long time (currently with an SVT convt.) and the best deal here is that the Mustang gets a real chassis! But supposedly the first series of these will be same powerplants available now, with the SVT version coming out in 2006. Being that I would never buy a year 1 Ford product - that's a long way out for safe consumption!

I personally like the '96-'98 Mustang's styling best in the recent series but funny how fashion sense seems to be driven by the media and marketing. I'm sure they'll sell and it is a small step forward in the right direction.

15. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Still don't really get the point of the SSR.... or the people who were determined to pay over list for it... or the folks who pay extra for access to NASCAR events....

16. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    If you bother to open your eyes, this looks like the 68-69 mustang not the 64-67.

17. formula1joe

formula1joe Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe Bennett
    The concept vehicle was a man's machine, but once again Ford declared to feminize the car for production. All the hard crisp lines have been rounded and softened to something one can only describe as almost garrish.

18. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    production & prototype

19. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    nicely done

20. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    I think it's cool.

21. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    #21 Hubert, Jan 5, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  22. Tell me this why dont those concept type wheels and tires ever go into production the production car is hidious and looks to fordish the concept really nice and high priced I actually like the design but now with the spot lights and other crap it looks ugly.

I used to always wonder at auto shows the huge tires the really nice looking wheels like on the concept H2's that where at the shows back in the day.