Lighter Clutch on 348? | FerrariChat

Lighter Clutch on 348?

Discussion in '348/355' started by william Heung, Jan 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william Heung

william Heung Rookie

Dec 4, 2003
    Dear Gang,
    I love driving my 1990 348TB but I must admit it's pain in the left leg if I drive around town with stop and go traffic. The clutch pedal is heavy. I have an opputunity to test the Clutch pedal on a 355 yesterday and it's almost as light as my 97 Alfa Spider and with the same hydraulic feeling instead of bounce off at a certain level on the 348. My question is can the 348 clutch pedal be made as light as the 355? Change master Cylinder? Slave cylinder? of the 355s.

Best regards

William Heung

2. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    Probably not exactly what your looking for, but I just install a triple disc tilton caron-carbon clutch in my 308 (supercharged and making over 450 ft-lb torque), the pedal is so light now, I thing the gas pedal is harder to push. The down side is the price, $3400 for just the clutch, about $5k for a kit.

3. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Hey Mark, did you finally dyno that thing?

4. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    I have a 90 ts that use to have the dual disc clutch in it. I converted it to the single disc and found the pedal to be much lighter. The car is much more street worthy with the single disc clutch.

5. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    When you do the clutch and you have to do the upgrade to the single you will find the pedal lighter but in general you will find all Ferrari clutches hard compared to some other cars. It can also vary greatly from car to car.