Wheels n Tires for 78 308 | FerrariChat

Wheels n Tires for 78 308

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Wasco, Jan 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Where do you guys go for skins. I would like to know where a good place in Portland is. I used to take my Porsche to Art Stearns but cant locate now.

Also, do they balance wheels on the car for the 308?

2. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I ordered my tires of choice through Tire Rack and had them mounted and balanced off the car by a Tire Rack approved installer. An approved installer will have a 'touchless' tire machine otherwise known as a European tire machine. It doesn't touch the rim when peeling tires on or off.

Mine were done at a Goodyear Gemini facility in Bothel, Wa. though I wouldn't recommend them and will not go back. Poorly run facility but they got the job done under my watchful eye.

DJ

3. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Thanks Spasso,

I got a line on OEM tires from the UK but dont want just anyone touching my near mint 308 GTS. Any of you guys in the Portland area have a suggestion on where I should go for new wheels and tires. Dont really want to go to Tonkin or Rassmusen....

4. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    reproduction 16" QV (five spoke) wheels are available from Superformance in the UK. They have good prices for them...and often will put them on "special" with further discounts.

http://www.superformance.co.uk/parts/dino3/wheels2k3.htm

That is around $1100 usd, so figure around $1250 to $1300 delivered with shipping and duty. A bargain compared to the $3k I spent for a set of refinished original wheels.

Only minor issues is the repros are slightly heavier (aluminum versus magnesium) and cosmetically, they do not match EXACTLY, but you have to stare at them next to a set of originals to figure out the couple details that differ.

5. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Gee Dave, I'm having flashbacks! :)

lmao

DJ