www.customferrariparts.com | FerrariChat

www.customferrariparts.com

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 348paul, Jan 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 348paul

348paul Formula 3

Dec 27, 2002
    Kent - UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Hill
    A New Year - a new website?

Well not quite!

Hill Engineering (your friendly F-chat sponsor!) has a new domain name

www.customferrariparts.com

The old www.hill-engineering.co.uk will still continue to work, but it was never easy to remember :)

I have changed the look of it very slightly - (yes - I know I need to keep my day job!)

Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks all and Happy New Year to all

Paul

2. simonc

simonc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Herfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Campbell
    The new site looks great. Good work mate.

Simon (now worrying about _his_ day job)

3. gabriel

gabriel Formula 3

Great job.

Now if someone could just make an adapter to fit 5 lug wheels to the single lug TR........

4. bigbaddad

bigbaddad Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    John Roberts
    The new site looks good! Now I'll put in a product request. How about a 348 extinguisher mount? Please?

Happy New Year - John

5. 348paul

348paul Formula 3

Dec 27, 2002
    Kent - UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Hill
    Thanks for the feedback :)

John - Need to do a bit of investigation on the mount. Out of interest is there a standard diameter for a fire extinguisher? (I should be so lucky!)

Gabriel - Interesting one! - Thinking cap time!

Paul

6. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    Paul I had done some work with a company in Chislehurst Kent a few years back. Spent maybe 15 weeks there getting the project done. Companies name is Sira Ltd. Is this close to you? Just tring to get a reference as to your location.

7. 348paul

348paul Formula 3

Dec 27, 2002
    Kent - UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Hill
    Steve,

Yes - only a few miles away from us! They are quite well known within the Engineering fraternity in our area :)

Paul

8. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Nice work Paul - I like the new layout (parts are more easily found) and the new site name is better also. :)

9. bigbaddad

bigbaddad Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    John Roberts
    I'm a bit late replying, and not much help either! I don't know if there is a standard diameter for the fire extinguishers. People mention both 1.25lb and 2.5lb units, but I am not sure what the difference in dimensions is. Wayne at Pelican Parts posted this link in another thread...

http://www.drivewerks.com/catalog/shopcart/MISC/POR_MISC_safet2-detail.htm

Both units say they have a width of 3.5", with the lengths being 10" or 14 3/8". Upright mounting is what manufacturers recommend, but it looks like most people mount them horizontally out of necessity. The only place I can think of to mount one vertically in a 348 would be between the seats on the rear cabin wall, but that would interfere with targa storage and possibly convertibles (not sure). I have seen mounts on the passenger seat floor, using the rails as mounting points. I saw a 348 here in town yesterday that had them mounted horizontally on the rear parcel shelf, but I think you would have to drill through or cut the carpet, depending on how they were mounted. I am not sure if there are existing bolts on the ledge you could use.

I am just rambling, throwing out some ideas.

-John