Mercedes Benz forums ??? | FerrariChat

Mercedes Benz forums ???

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Doody, Nov 6, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    trying to get links to any benz forums like this one.

i used to hang out on MBWorld.org a lot, but they've been down for a solid week now, with no information whatsoever on whether they're gonna come back up or not ever.

6SpeedOnline has a near-zero-traffic section. not useful. funcarsonline used to have an AMG section, but seems to not anymore.

any pointers appreciated.

doody.

2. bigbaddad

bigbaddad Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    John Roberts
  3. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Doody,

No word from MBW about anything here either. I tried emailing them.

Try benzsport...

--Dan

4. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    thanks guys.

looks like mbnz is the best bet, but their W220 traffic is rather minimal, unfortunately.

geez, i hope mbworld comes back online someday.

doody.

5. FastTalk

FastTalk Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2002
    Calabasas, CA
    Full Name:
    Adam Alexander
    Try Benzworld.org

Adam

6. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
  7. BrentC

BrentC Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2003
    Try the Mercedes Benz Club of America web forums at www.mbca.org and click on "forums"

8. Cannoli

Cannoli Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Norman
    Mercedesshop.com has great overall information on all models - from the 50s/60s/70s/80s to todays offerings. The site is administered by MB technicians and the members are pretty darn knowledgeable. Great Audio section as well as Technical, Performance and Hotrods. SL owners can benifit from the vast knowledge that is online too.

http://www.mercedesshop.com/shopforum/

A new Forum called 500ecstasy.com is a site for the W124 500E/E500 fanatics, like myself.

http://www.500ecstasy.com/forums/

Check'em out ... below is my Pride and Joy, 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E ... aka 'Velvet Hammer'.

9. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    oooh - 500E! neat! were those the ones they collaborated with PAG on?

have checked out all of the aforementioned suggestions. they're all quite limited compared to mbworld.org, which was the largest MB forum on the web. it's a shame to see them go, and nobody picking up the slack, really.

doody.

10. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Cannoli: 500Es (or E500s) are SOOOO awesome. A friend has one, wicked cool sleeper!

--Dan

11. Cannoli

Cannoli Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Norman

Yeah, the 500E puts a Permagrin Smile on my face ... it's my daily driver.

The W124 500E/E500 was Engineered, Designed, and Assembled by Porsche ... it was produced on the 959 line when the production ended. The only thing that Mercedes-Benz did was Paint and Quality checks. This car was built in MBZ's response to the AMG Hammer, a wicked car(s) in it's own right.

12. kenny

kenny Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2003
    Greenwich , CT
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    As far as I am aware, the 500E was built at Porsche during 1992-1993 and assembled on the Mercedes factory line along with the rest of the E-class when it was called the E500 in 1994..

13. Cannoli

Cannoli Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Norman
    close ... but no cigar.

The W124.036 (500E/E500) was only made from MY 1992 - 1994. 10,000 copies where made worldwide, with only 1500 coming to the States (approx 500 copies/year). Cost was 80,000.00 USD ('92 dollars!).

The '94 has updated sheetmetal (hood and trunk), electric drivers' side mirror, phone in-situ of center armrest, lights, and SL600 front brakes.

The entire MB model designation changed in MY 1994 from Engine Displacement / Chassis - Fuel designation to Class / Engine Displacement.

Now, the W211 2003 E500 has the batton, BUT, is not hand assembled
    and is slightly underpowered - slightly. ... and it doesn't have the 911 fender flares!!!!

14. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    well, most of the sites i've been pointed at can't hold a candle to mbworld though for late-model stuff.

however, as of this morning, mbworld has a new notice on their page (cf. below). hopefully they mean it this time.

The MBWorld Forums will be back online Thursday AM (11/13). We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate everyone's patience in this matter.

doody.

15. Cannoli

Cannoli Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Norman
    Good to here ... MBWorld would be a loss if it went away, just like this forum.

BTW, your S55 looks so nice next to the 550 ... very nice!