How do you guys think about the new 612 | FerrariChat

How do you guys think about the new 612

Discussion in '612/599' started by FerrariFlip, Jan 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFlip

FerrariFlip Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Bonaire,Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Philippe Haak
    I saw the pictures a long time ago and im very dissapointed about the looks, it almost looks like a fiat and it doesn't looks like a cool stunning ferrari, where are the air intakes etc.
    Tell me what you guys think about it and could change my mind.

2. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i love it...! i think it's a step forward from the 456... It's great... Only problem is, i don't particularly like it in red and grigio everything... i want to see more pictures of the car in blue; TDF, NART, etc....

3. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I think it will depreciate faster than you could throw the money out of your window!

4. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    It's gorgeous, in a way that Ferrari 2+2s have always been- reserved, elegant but with Pininfarina vigor. To my knowledgeg Ferrari 2+2s have never been striking the way the coupes have.

The interior shots I've seen don't look as good as the exterior, however. It seems a little too much aluminum has replaced the beautiful sculpted lether of the 456.

Although I won't buy it in red it looks much better than the 456 did in rossa. Grigio Alloy, argento, or grigio ingrio will be my colors.

5. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Do you have any more pics from this set?

Many thanks,

JPR

6. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
  7. johnw

johnw Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2002
    toronto
    Full Name:
    john
    very ugly

8. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    from the front in that picture teh headlights make it look almost (hate to say it but)like a Porsche.

9. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    well, I think its stunning. TONS better looking than the 456. Also, given the massive power and performance, I want to own one.

I may actually buy one. In about 5 years..... when I can get one with 15K miles on it for less than 100K ;)

10. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    deferring judgement until i see it in person, but from the pics i've seen it's growing on me.

11. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    gross. Not a ferrari by any means. Looks like something a retired Florida guy would buy who wears checkard pants hiked up to his navel and with white golf shoes. But only if they ran out of Pontiac Bonnevilles at the G.M. dealership down the street. Never will this car hold it's value. This is a car you get cheap in 5 years,rip it apart and make a hot rod out of the parts. Yes it will be that cheap.

12. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Well I'v never seen a 612 in real life but just looking at the pics its not that bad.
    If I had to buy either a 456 or a 612 tomorrow morning , I think I would go for the 456.

13. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Those who've actually seen, understand and appreciate 2+2's through the years - know it's beautiful.

Those who think Ferrari started with the 308 or Testarossa - don't.

Facts: It's lovely. It'll depreciate just like every 2+2 always has.

14. shelbee

shelbee Guest

How about the vote, Rob??

15. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    You can buy the Bentley Cont. GT for 100k less. For 250 they are crazy!

16. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I just got back from the LA Auto show and saw the 612 in person. I have to admit - hard as it may be - that it was a little disappointing in person. It was starting to grow on me in pics - and I was really hoping that it would be better in the flesh. The rear end is rounded and almost bulgy. It is larger than I thought it would be - looks larger than a 456. It was right next to a silver 575 - which I thought was far better looking and elegant. I think its better looking than a 456 and its performance looks to be amazing - but still not as much as I was expecting.

I'll tell you the car that really impressed my was the AM DB9. Very similar looking to the Vanquish. Almost better - a little more sleek and with 450HP only slightly less power than the Vanquish. I think it will cannibalize Vanquish sales.

The Ford GT was very impressive. The Gallardo, was not quite as nice as I was expecting - nice but not take your breath away nice. 360 still better looking IMHO. The bentley GT looked nice - nice lines, fast. Would still take a 575 over it though - even tho the 575 costs more, so its not a fair comparison.

The Porsche Carrera GT was fantastic - star of the show. Only complaint was the steering wheel! Almost looked the same as that in the boxster. For $440K, I would expect better.

17. cavallino

cavallino Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Alain
  18. Pat

Pat Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    Genova, Italy
    Full Name:
    Emanuele
    Well,
    never seen one, but in the first photos in this pages I don't really like its design.

well, I think we're just talknig abuot design and refinements now, cause nobody drove it....waiting for magazines' car tests ;)

I just started to like the car's design in the other photos on the other thread posted :)

19. I think the 612 is the biggest crap car that Ferrari has ever produced.

Hey Luca, leave the boring cars designed for geriatrics under the Maserati brand.

20. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Saw DB9 Friday - Funny how through the years, rear seating has shrunk so much. Looking at a 58' DB4, 66' DB6, '88 V8 Volante and a '00 DB7 tonight only amplified the progression.
    Unless one plans on hauling double-amputee children around, why bother putting rear seats in?
    Bentley Continental GT, however - obviously adults with legs sat in the back seat before giving it the go-ahead.

21. FerrariFlip

FerrariFlip Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Bonaire,Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Philippe Haak
    they had to make another front side because the lights have a realy bad shape, i read that someone said it almost looks like a porsche and thats insane but almost true.
    Maybe this one is faster but i like the 456 more.
    and i have another question can you buy this car without f1 shifters??
    And i saw some drawings of this car in a magazine and it looks a lot better, i don't now why they changed it.
    i some one seen this pictures tell me about it!

thnx

22. Mojo

Mojo Formula 3

Sep 24, 2002
    Washington St.
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    I think the looks don't represent typical Ferrari.

23. loungedog

loungedog Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    New Market, Ontario
    As with every new Ferrari its looks are starting to grow on me :)

I did not like the 550 and I really did not like the 360 when they first were introduced. Now I love them both :) That is the beauty of Ferrari :)

24. SRT-10

SRT-10 Rookie

Dec 16, 2003
    Greater Boston
    Absolutely stunning! Looks good too. :)

25. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Actually, the looks represent a typical Ferrari 2+2. That's the curve it's graded on. Not 2 seaters.