Red 355 in Alexandria, VA | FerrariChat

Red 355 in Alexandria, VA

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by GuardsRed, Jan 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GuardsRed

GuardsRed Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Who owns this fine vehicle? I see you around and would love to stop by and take a peek if that is possible.

2. mrmckay

mrmckay Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2003
    MD, USA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    GuardsRed,
    You might want to try posting a similar message in the DC / MD / VA section just to gain a little more exposure.

regards,
    Chris

3. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Weird.. I lived in Alexandria for a while and never saw any Ferraris, other than one red 308GTS on Franconia. There's a red 355B for sale in Alexandria for a dirt cheap price, but I heard from someone who checked it out that it had been wrecked and has way too many problems.

NoVA is weird in that there's more money there than just about any other place in the country, but almost no exotics. In the 23 years I lived there, I only saw 2 Diablos, 1 Lotus Esprit, and maybe 4 or 5 Fcars on the roads. Now that I'm in FL on the weekends, I can't leave the house without seeing a Bentley, SL55, Aston, Enzo, etc...

-R

4. GuardsRed

GuardsRed Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Yeah, I see mostly BMW's, Lexus and big ass SUV's. One red 355, yellow 348, two or three 911's and a ton of Boxsters.

You're right, lots of money but too many crappy cars.

5. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    In my 16 years in the DC area, I have seen very few Ferraris or Lambos. I think the spotting is going to improve, with Criswell selling the Gallardo, FoW at its new high profile & beautiful location on Route 28, and Aston Martin now in Tysons. Cherner Classic also sells some interesting cars. We'll see.

6. kickus

kickus Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    It all depends on which area of NoVa you're in. When I was working in Reston, I would see the same yellow 550 every day, along with a rosso corsa 355B a couple of times a week. In Loudoun, I generally saw about one Ferrari a week when the weather was nice. Hilights were seeing three 360 Spiders in a row on 267, a 360 Challenge on a trailor, and a 355 every couple of weeks or so. My best drive home ever was when I was behind a gorgeous yellow 355B for my whole trip. I never saw a lambo on the road until I came to London, but I've seen a couple of peter stevens Esprit's and Bentleys around occasionally.

7. kenny

kenny Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2003
    Greenwich , CT
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    I've lived in VA for almost 2 years now, and drive through NoVa often... People around those parts do not appreciate exotic cars, the roads are bad, or just not exciting like New England and the police are some of the most intolerant towards motorists anywhere...

The whole entire time I lived in the state of VA, I've seen one red 328GTS, a few late model 911's and Boxsters, and a bunch of corvettes, various year and models..

8. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    Kickus,

I live in Reston. If it was a few years ago you might have seen my Barchetta 355 either with or without a Challenge wing. The yellow 550 is a neighbor of mine. Carl has also owned a couple of red TR's and a black Diablo. He works in Herndon and publishes and produces science fiction books.

I think it depends where you live in the NoVa area. In the tech corridor (Reston, Herndon, Ashburn) I see Ferrari's on frequent occasion. Mostly 355s and 360's. There used to be person with an F40 but he moved.

All depends on where you live.

Regards,

Jon P. Kofod
    www.flatoutracing.net

9. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    Kenny,

I am not sure that is entirely true from my perspective. When Ferrari of Washington has their annual party every year we get good turn out. First year we had something on the order of a couple hundred people now it's in the thousands.

Regards,

Jon

10. GuardsRed

GuardsRed Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I can tell you that in the Alexandria area around Old Town, there are few F-cars or classic P-cars. Lot's of cash here but no cars. It may be the lack of garage space with these historic townhouses.

11. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Yeah I've noticed that Reston/Loudoun seems to have some nice cars. I'm working on a project in DC right now, but I work at Reston Town Center on the weekends. Seems like the last few times I've been there I've seen some nice cars.. red 550, red Lotus TT, red Diablo... of course that's all within the last few months. The other 23 years were pretty dry :)

There's another guy who used to visit this board occassionally... lives in Herndon, has a red 355GTS, Viper GTS, some vettes, etc. Not sure if he stops by here anymore...Nice guy, but I wish he'd sell me his car ;)

-R

12. Prancing_Horse

Prancing_Horse Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Arlington,VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    i live in arlington,

i see only one ferrari every two months here

ive seen a 355 spider parked right outside my school

ive seen a bently come down my street

the only time i freqently see them is when im near FoW

13. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.

I am terrible with names but he is on this board. I am pretty sure his first name is Bob (sorry if I got it wrong) and he works for Remax real estate. He stopped by and introduced himself and his family at this past October's FOW track event. Very nice guy. Think he has a Viper, 355 and a bunch of other cars.

Regards,

Jon P. Kofod
    www.flatoutracing.net

14. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Yup, Bob Steinhagen. I actually met with him about buying a house in VA last year, but decided to move to Florida instead. If I were going to buy a house in VA though, I'd go straight to him. Nice guy and extremely knowledgable. Plus he likes nice cars... can't go wrong.

Oddly enough, I ran into him at FOW a few months before I actually met him. I had just arrived from Newport Beach that morning after a successful job interview that put me into "Gee, I can actually buy a Ferrari now" mode, so I stopped by FOW to pass the morning. They had a pair of red 355GTSs there, and while giving one of them the walk-around, an older gentleman walked up with Tam and said somewhat defensively "Who's that guy looking at the 355..." Tam replied that I was just stopping by to look.. turns out that was Bob, and he had just put in a offer on that car. I got the impression he didn't want me buying it out from under him :) He had nothing to worry about of course. When I met him a few months later I instantly recognized him and put 2 and 2 together. Of course he got the car......

-R