Where should I stay for Barrett Jackson? | FerrariChat

Where should I stay for Barrett Jackson?

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by sherpa23, Jan 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Hi AZ guys! Any ideas on a good place to stay for the week that isn't ridiculously expensive? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Sherpa;

i dont know what your budget is but the winter time is peak season here so rates are a bit higher than in the summer. The best advice is to stay away from the Resorts as they will be the most expensive.

Rob

3. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    There's a Best Western "InnSuites of Phoenix" on the Southeast corner of 16th. STREET and Northern Av. They also have Presidential Jacquzzi suites,for under $100.00/night.(but,Arizona is now,"in season",so MIGHT be alittle more,I doubt it) But,they'll give you a better "Weekly Rate". You can access SR51 about 1/4 mile East off of Northern, Take it all the way North to where it ends at the new 101. Take 101 East to Scottsdale Rd. Go North a little way,and you are there.(Barrett Jackson) in a 1/2 hour or less. Easy to the Sky Harbor Airport. Just take Northern 1/4 mile or so East to 51,go South,and you're at Sky Harbor in about 15-20 minutes. Only Blocks from Central,to take you straight Downtown,(or via SR51) Lots of good restaraunts close by. Beautiful Squaw Peak mountain views. Also,Mountain Preserve State Parks. Close to Lincoln Av. You can Take that East to Scottsdale Rd. Resorts along the way. The Best Western has a Free breakfast with eggs,Belgium Waffles,Toast.Yogurt,Fruit,coffee,juice,lots of stuff except Breakfast meats. Daily Paper. Heated outdoor pool and jacquzzi,open year round. Wednesday nites "Managers BBQ" (also Free) . Free Happy Hour every afternoon.(I think,4-6?) Laundry,Internet,Lots of amenities. Great,quiet location. Reasonable. Clean.Easily accessable to anywhere. easy to find. A Walgreens,McDonalds,Restaraunts,shopping,etc...close by. Everything you need is close by. They have regular rooms. 2 room suites. Presidential 2 room,2 bath Jacquzzi suites. Even Family suites. We've stayed there about 8 times in the past 6 years. But,if you want to go up in style,(and cost) Just a little bit South on 16th. STREET,(not Av.) there's a "Pointe Hilton". More $$$,but,ofcourse,nicer. And,they have a couple nice restaraunts there,that we eat at even if we stay at the BW Innsuites. But,I've stayed at both. The Pointe Hilton is much busier and not as quiet and relaxing as the BW Innsuites. And,if you aren't planning on spending too much time at your Hotel. Go with the "BW Innsuites of Phoenix". It's a really nice place and very reasonable. If you go there,ask about the "Presidential Jacquzzi Suites" in back. They have 2 rooms,and a Jacquzzi just steps away from the King size bed. BW Innsuites of Phoenix is located at: 1615 E. Northern Av. Phoenix,AZ. 602-997-6285 is thier direct line. or reservations at: 800-752-2204. But,I always call them Direct for the Best Rate. E-mail is: [email protected] I don't know if they have a website with a tour or anything. You can give them a call. Have Fun at Barrett-Jackson. I can't go this year,but will next year.

4. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Guys, it looks like I am going to need some help here. There was a miscommunication with the person in our party that was booking rooms and now it looks like I don't have a room. I have called every major hotel in Scottsdale. You guys aren't kidding with the peak season thing. Any suggestions for little hidden away hotels or guest houses? Any help would be fantastic. Thanks.

5. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

Okay, it looks like Red's brilliant suggestion, Innsuites, can take me, and they're not going to rip me off either. Thanks for all the help. Will I see any of you at Barett Jackson?

6. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Not to highjack the thread, but I will try and take it on a quick detour:) I will be staying at scottsdale resorts and suites does anyone know anything about this place? Also Sherpa try looking on barrett-jackson's website then on lodging they list like 50 places. Check it out, and hope to meet some f-chatters.
    Erik

7. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

Erik,
    Come introduce yourself to me at the auction. I will be in the vendor area with the motorcycle company Ecosse Moto Works. My first name is Ryan. I will be there from Thursday to Sunday. Stop by and say hi.

8. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Will do!!!!!
    Erik

9. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    See you there on saturday Ryan.

Rob

10. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Sherpa23,did you end up staying at the Innsuites? It's not a bad little place. Very convenient to everything,and easy access to the SR51. Like I said. I've stayed there many times,and also stayed at the Pointe Hilton down the street. But,IMO,I actually preferred the Innsuites,as it was much quieter. And,much more reasonable. It's nice,nothing fancy. But,when you are out and about all the time.it really doesn't matter. Did you get a Jacquzzi suite?