Ferrari Jacket | FerrariChat

Ferrari Jacket

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by vrus, Jan 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vrus

vrus Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Richmond Hill
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Just picked up a nice jacket from a local vendor here in Toronto. Thought it might make a nice addition to the Ferrari memorabilia.

Not sure how great of a deal it is but it was $250CDN. If anyone is interested I can ask if there are any others available.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

That jacket is available on Ebay out of Thailand. I bought one for myself recently. It's available for a little less than the $250 CDN.

3. vrus

vrus Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Richmond Hill
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Interesting.. Is there any way to tell if it is in fact the same one? The quality of the materials and the fit and finish is great on the one that I have.

Thanks for the info.

4. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
  5. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    i bought one just like it on ebay from an overseas company. it is "okay" but it just doesn't have a real nice quality "feel" to it. you get what you pay for i guess :)

6. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    This jackets are like wearing a toupe.... They are the "kit cars" of clothing.

They are poser clothes....

Oh, did I go off again?

Sorry, but they look nothing like actual team wear and they just look silly.

7. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Like Adam Sandler says in "Happy Gilmore" if I was wearing that jacket "I'd kick my own ass!" It's just too gawdy for public consumption. Maybe for the racetrack............ at night?

Just my $.02.

8. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Well, I just opened my presents from JMJ Automobilia.

Let's see....... A REAL crew shirt, long sleeve XL. Fila is almost as nice as the Tommy Hilfiger stuff. VERY NICE.

An F1 Lambo piston with Certificate of Authenticity. SSSSSHHHH it's for my friend JRV.

And, Marie threw in a couple of 5" x 7" photos, unsigned, of Senna!

I think a REAL crew jacket with matching zip out logo inner vest is about
    $1500.US. She has one signed by Schumi, too. I like the special pocket for your cell phone!

GET THE REAL STUFF!!!! Life is too short not to!

9. vrus

vrus Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Richmond Hill
    Full Name:
    Victor
    I didn't go looking for the jacket. I just happened to be around when the guy came by and I saw it. It was an impulse buy. :)

I would never wear it on the street or in public. I am not that type. It is just put into an area of my home with other Ferrari stuff.

Believe me, if I really wanted one, I would go and order the real thing.

10. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

The one I bought on Ebay has the same hang tag as the one pictured. The jacket feels kind of "cheesy" and a light weight nylon. I think I got it for $29 plus shipping and it just hangs up in a closet with other F-stuff and probably will never be worn in public. The embroidery is impressive and the price was right for the purpose.