My weekend carb 308 gt4 projects (also 3X8) | FerrariChat

My weekend carb 308 gt4 projects (also 3X8)

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by jm3, Jan 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    First project: To avoid looking like a moron driving around with the blinker on.
    I made a 3 wire extension cord (2 1/2 feet)from the flasher original location down behind the passenger footwell, relocating the flasher to be nylon tied to the tachometer bracket behind the dash. Used 3 male spades at the bottom into the relay board, and 3 insulated females onto the spade terminals of the flasher.Time 1 1/2 hours. Works perfect, very loud.

Second project: (will have pics someday)
    To build a legitimate closed PCV system for the carb 308 to reduce crankcase pressure and therefore oil leaks.
    I used a GM V6 PCV, fram number xxx, which has two different size outlets. The steel inlet of the PCV was inserted directly into the uppermost breather hose, that attached to the underside of the aircleaner.
    The 5/16 outlet is connected by a hose to the steel rail where the anti backfire valve was connected to the forward carbs, the 3/8 outlet is connected to the corresponding rail for the 3 rear carbs, previously used for the charcoal cannister vent. The anti backfire valve is no longer used (air pumps gone as of 01/01/04), the charcoal cannister is now vented into the bottom of the aircleaner, where the oil breather was vented originally.
    No problems with idle, driving around seems perfect, plugs look good. So far very happy. Time 2 1/2 hours, mostly R&R of airfilter.

Project 3. Dynamat onto fiberglass floor under seats. Time 1 hour, Thump test sounds good, no test drive yet.

2. Dino 208gt4

Dino 208gt4 F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel
    Pictures please !!!!