What do you think about the new 92x | FerrariChat

What do you think about the new 92x

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by csmn, Jan 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. csmn

csmn Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Claes Magnuson
    SAAB 92X?

2. csmn

csmn Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Claes Magnuson
    more...

3. csmn

csmn Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Claes Magnuson
    and more.

4. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    typical saab, run and hide.

5. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    Typical Saab? Are you joking?? It's a Legacy with a body kit. ...and it's a shame.

Luke.

6. Billy10mm

Billy10mm Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Westchester
    Full Name:
    Billy Ng
    Saab has long been the joke of the automotive market. GM is failing miserably at attempting to make a "European" automobile. It's one of the few front-wheel drive vehicles on the market that is plauged with horrendous amounts of torque-steer. I consider every vehicle in their lineup as tied for the worst car you can possibly pay money for.

They're good looking vehicles, I'll give them that. But for $40K+ I expect to have a driving experience of some sort, not get irritated that my vehicle won't hold a straight line if I depress the throttle more than half way. I won't even start to go into the handling dynamics behind the 9-5 Vigen I drove. In fact, I take that back, I refuse to use the word "dynamics" ... it sounds too complimentary.

If you really want a car that dull and boring, talk a walk over to your nearest Lexus dealer and be done with it. At least you can be bored with the Lexus often, as it probably won't be in the shop much.

Bill in Brooklyn

7. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    wrx wagon

8. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    It's actually a WRX with a 'body kit'. Nothing wrong w/ a WRX as far as I'm concerned. In fact, I'd rather have a Saab WRX than a Subaru WRX. It's supposed to come in at about $25k.

9. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    I am willing to bet the resale on the Subaru will be better than the SAAB-ARU

10. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    That's ok, I like to buy my cars a year old anyway, think of the money I'd save!

11. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I knew they were building a WRX-based Saab, but I didn't realize so many of the components would be *straight* off the Subaru. Or rather, it would be merely a repaneling with a different steering wheel and different knobs/moulding on the center console.

As a Subie owner and Saab hater, I'm irked by the fact some might think I bought "the cheaper of the two models," especially when they cost the same.

12. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
  13. racedecknc

racedecknc Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    Winston Salem
    Full Name:
    Ed
    I agree. Barf.

I disagree on the Lexus comment, though. There's nothing wrong with the GS430.

Ed

14. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    I always loved the quirkiness of the old Saabs. They lost that unique feel a long time ago in my opinion.

15. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Actually this is quite far from the truth. While it might be boring to you, it isn't a bad car overall. Their target market is different than what you are shooting for. They go for the European/Safety/Mature driver. This might or might not be you, and I'm not going to critisize that at all. However, their developments in safety are right up there with Mercedes-Benz and Volvo. That is where they shine the most.

Reliable? Eh... Sporty? Eh... But they are improving, slowly.

16. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    But if you ask anyone "Hey I am going to buy a new saab what do you think?" usually you will get a polite answer followed by a tisk tisk tisk (don't buy new follow Jim and wait a year and they can be had for half)

17. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    The car does not look to bad even though its a repaneled wrx. I would think the normal joe schmo does not say oh tisk tisk dont buy a saab, thats a horrible decision. The average driver probably thinks of saab as pretty nice, pretty decent.

18. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    It's a Subaru so the reliablity & safety factor is allready there. I don't know how well they willl sell. Subaru is the most underrated auto manufacturer for North America.