enzo-style roll-down windows on a stradale? | FerrariChat

enzo-style roll-down windows on a stradale?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by 720, Jan 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    i read christopher mcneil's article about the 360 CS "what a ride" in the current issue of "rosso". he said

"the challenge stradale is available with the enzo-style roll-down windows."

i like the roll-down windows in the enzo. i asked my dealer a couple months ago about roll-down windows for the stradale and he told me that the only option for US stradales was power windows. i also got the impression that the only options for euro stradales were either power windows or the sliding lexan windows.

i've put a call into FNA to get an answer, but it may take a week to get a reply because most of the people are at the detroit auto show a this time.

does anybody know anything about this? thanks :)

2. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Hi 720,

I read the same thing - I assume that this is from the original press release. Rosso is published so infrequently and on such a long production lead time because of the high quality paper that I'm not at all surprised its incorrect.

All the pictures are of the electric windows for the US, and I've seen various rumours that there won't even be the sliding windows for Europe (see the archives here). The only sliding windows I've seen were on the Euro proto-type car that did the rounds here in the US.

Dan

3. bumboola

bumboola Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2003
    Yeah, I noticed that too. I'm sure it's just a ****-up, they also called Rosso Scuderia "Rosso Corsa." The windows were originally supposed to be roll-down but they were changed for production. I believe the side mirrors were supposed to be manual as well.

I'll be at the Detroit show in the next couple of days and I will get you a positive answer. Any other questions? I plan on grilling the FNA guys. :)

4. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    good eye on the "rosso corsa" error :)

if you can corner the FNA guys please ask them to absolutely positively guarantee that the US stradale sounds as awesome as the euro stradale (remember that video that was floating around that captured the sound of the euro stradale at fiorano?). i know we've beat this topic to death, but i still have some doubts that the US stradale has the same "sound" as the euro car. from all accounts the exhaust systems are identical (same part numbers, etc.), but the US car has pre-cats and i've heard the ECU is programmed to open the bypass valves under different parameters than the euro car. so i'm wondering if any of these "differences" result in a differerent/quieter US stradale? if you can ask the FNA people that would be great. thanks :)

5. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Yes, there were many little errors in that article.
    Like the shift time of 2 1/2 minutes (150,000ms).
    I wouldn't rely on the facts in that article... but the opinions offered by Challenge drivers that the Stradale is faster than their Challenge cars was VERY interesting... dubious, but interesting.

But they're not the only ones making errors... the Feb issue of European Car reports the Stradale as having 419hp. That might be interesting if they had been measuring anything... they were clearly just regurgitating the marketing info on all the other numbers they reported.

6. bumboola

bumboola Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2003
    Will do Rick.

I really want to know why they were held up in Customs, and if any changes at all were made to the car because of that.

7. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    i noticed that 150,000 ms comment also, but i thought maybe i was mistaken :)

i have a friend who has a friend who is a technical guy at ferrari. i told my friend about the different HP numbers published in the US stradale owners manual versus the euro manual. he told me that he mentioned this to his friend at ferrari and he was surprised to hear this. he said it was the first he'd heard of that so he was going to look into it and get back to us. i'll post his answer if/when i get it...sometimes this guy comes through with answers and sometimes he doesn't... but he's inside ferrari so i always like to hear what he has to say :)

8. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Electric windows are only option for U.S.

The car sounds awesome, I can assure you of that. I have driven one. The exhaust is about the same size as a Tubi, but sounds even better, IMO.

Reasons for being held up in customs is unknown.

9. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    I think the US weight/hp issues are good threads for some FNA questions.

You might want to mention the Rosso article inconsistencies specifically!

Enjoy the show - I really can't justify a trip, but I do love big car shows. Like a kid in a big candy store :)

10. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    thanks. i figured the rosso article was incorrect. good to hear you like the exhaust sound of the stradale :) i've only heard the euro stradale in person (totally awesome). i'm curious if the US stradale sounds the same. maybe bumboola will get some answers from the FNA guys at the show.

11. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    It was a U.S. car that I drove.