Anyone interested in a Tamiya 1/12 F50 | FerrariChat

Anyone interested in a Tamiya 1/12 F50

Discussion in 'Texas' started by future328driver, Jan 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    Frye's electronics at NW highway and 635 has one for $250. I as there last night and the box is opened, but all the parts are there and in "as new" shape. This kit is going for about $350 to $400 at HobbyTown USA and on the web. I thought about buying it, but I dont have the room and would rather have the 1/12 scale F40.

2. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Ken, was the car discounted because the box was opened? If not, you might be able to negotiate.

3. scottjua

scottjua Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Plano, TX
    They're Brand new at the Fry's up here... ^_^ 250.00$ though...

4. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    I think Frye's is selling them at $250 new. The tag on the box I looked at was not a discount tag. I think someone opened the box on display to see what was inside. I opened the box as well to make sure all the parts are there. $250 is a great deal. I remember back in the day when the first editions came out they were selling for around $550.

5. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    fry's typically discounts less than 5% for opened & returned boxes. not sure if you can haggle with them about it, but it is definately worth a try.

a friend of mine back in high school had a Testarossa in 1/8th scale. his dad never bought him anything his entire childhood life, but yet, he bought this $1500 model from sharper image. gorgeous, just gorgeous. he sold it some time ago.