How many '91 TR's made | FerrariChat

How many '91 TR's made

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by colo348, Jan 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. colo348

colo348 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Hi Group,
    Does anyone know how many '91 TR's were made. The model list shows 7200 TR's manufactured between '84 and '91.
    Thanks,
    Jim

2. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    do you have some reason to think it's not that number produced divided by that number of years?

doody.

3. colo348

colo348 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Doody,
    Manufacturing is not always a linear process.
    Jim

4. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    thanks for the education in manufacturing process, sir.

have you looked through the distribution of TRs listed for sale across those years, over time?

i have never seen specific model output volume numbers for any of the high-production cars - just across all years of the line.

do you in fact have a reason to believe that output was not evenly distributed?

doody.

5. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    it would be hard to get a number for any particular model year as the model year convention varies from place to place. I have never seen stats for amounts of a particular model produced in a given calander year though I am sure they probably exist somewhere at ferrari, if you think the last model year for a tr is somehow more valuable or rare I think you are probably mistaken.

My two pennies

6. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    The guy just asked a simple question, either you know or you don't. I don't think it is necessary to be so short with him. Sorry Jim, I don't know the answer to your question, but welcome to the board! Nice looking 348.

7. Varenne

Varenne Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hi Jim,

I can't vouch for these numbers - just pulled it off the internet (google is a wonderful thing), but this might get you a start...

http://www.red-headed.com/articles/testarossa_prod.html

Welcome to F-Chat.

Mark

8. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    Hi Jim,

Mark's link to red-headed is a good link for Tr's. I can vouch for my 85 Euro s/n 56221 which was brought over from Germany in Sept 85 because back then you couldn't get a Tr from dealer in the US. Pete Rose was also another Tr desiree that couldn't wait and had an early Euro Tr brought over and federalized. So, yes, the productions numbers are 'non-linear'. The early Tr's were certainly not high-production automobiles. The production grew as the demand did.

Kenny K.

9. colo348

colo348 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Jim