Beware of this Mondial on ebay | FerrariChat

Beware of this Mondial on ebay

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Modificata, May 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2479014156

I emailed the guy to arrange a viewing and this is what he said:

Sorry but no viewing or testing are available without an advance payment....all the car sellers ask for that and you can see that on eBay.
    Thanks,

The pictures are of a car in the US, so seems very suspicious. Especially since viewing is not even allowed.

2. fivebob

fivebob Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2004
    Tauranga,New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Callum
  3. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    Adnaan et al

What do these idiots get out of it?

I bought 2 Ferraris on ebay over the last few weeks and all in UK for some reasion or another they never materialsed.

e.bay is becoming a strange place, not as it should be.

4. polartech

polartech Karting

Mar 4, 2004
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Geoff
    This is the same tw4t that was "selling" the 348 spider in the recent thread, just with a different username. (I got exactly the same response back when I asked to see it). Ebay stopped that auction successfully. I wonder what, if any, other action is taken against the guy?
    He`ll probably carry on I suspect... I`ll let Ebay know anyway.

5. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Ebay are quite canny. In theory, a successful Ebay auction is a legally binding contract to purchase, on the part of the bidder, and to sell, on the part of the seller (obviously).

The only exclusion to this is cars. Any car transaction made carries no conractual obligation to buy/sell. This way they can wash their hands of any responsibility that may come from being the intermediary.

This lack of contract explains why you see cars go for stupid money (360 Spider for £130,000). The lack of obligation means you can bid what you like, and not come unstuck because of it. It would be interesting to know what proportion of cars that sell on ebay, actually sell (if you see what I mean).

BTW This is what I read into Ebays policies. I suspect a first rate lawyer could tear their practices apart (and PayPal).

6. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    Guys,

This guy is thick , hes even given me his Bank details to transfer the money into.

Ive obviously passed this info on to the Police

...hE WILL NOW GET HIS CUMEUPEPENCE.