Any ferrari technicians here? | FerrariChat

Any ferrari technicians here?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by ChuckStyl5, May 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ChuckStyl5

ChuckStyl5 Karting

Mar 28, 2004
    The Armpit
    I currently have the chance to become a ferrari tech and I was wondering if the pay is worth it. I definitly will be tech a mercedes benz but Ferrari, is Ferrari and I would love to work on them. I was wondering how much on average is a tech paid per hour and if the jobs have good times to each, for there to be a great paycheck if working flat rate? About how much a year do you make? Thanks

2. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Go work as a Benz tech. You will have a much better career working for them then you will a any Ferrari dealer. You will make about the same as a normal tech, Maybe a bit higher but not much. If you are going to be a flat rate Ferrari tech prepare to go home poor. I would not beable to rush any kind of job on a Ferrari. The stakes are just too high.

You will have a much better paying job at the Benz dealer, and more them likely less stressful. It's a big deal to turn wrenches on 300k cars, you have to pay attention to EVERYTHING!! from were you can saftly lean agaist the car wothout damaging it, to how tight to tighten a center lug nut wheel on a TR. You have a greater responsability on road tests and quality of work.

3. ChuckStyl5

ChuckStyl5 Karting

Mar 28, 2004
    The Armpit
    it seems like you are a ferrari tech...if so where?

4. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    If I had to put on my ski-hat of knowledge and deduce the location from the ether, I would guess, Toronto Canada.