Car Store of Glenside / Grigio Titanio | FerrariChat

Car Store of Glenside / Grigio Titanio

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by sagaponack, May 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sagaponack

sagaponack Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Rob
  2. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I think it looks like "grigio alloy," but of course it could just be the lighting / dusk

3. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Agree, it looks Titanium but the lighting doesn't help...Even the ground looks blue! Ferrari's Titanium does reflect a small hit of blue in bright sunlight. I have a Titanium 360.

4. Victory

Victory Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    It definitely is grigio alloy.

5. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I didn't think the 355 came in this color. It could just be the lighting.

6. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I've seen g.alloy 355's before. And this is definitely alloy. Great color! Go Sagaponack on the auction!

7. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Does someone have a pic of one? I have never seen one.

8. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
  9. Badapple

Badapple Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    West London
    Full Name:
    Phil
    I love this colour on the 355
    Problem is they are sooooo rare

10. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    thanks ryalex - It's a great color - I have only ever seen it on 550's and 360's before.

11. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles

12. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I saw it on a 355 on eBay a while back (was in Kuwait I think), that was grigrio alloy and an all-white interior. Looked *interesting,* but the white dash would have horrible glare.

I've seen a different 355 spider alloy on bordeaux on eBay too. That looked surprisingly good, IMO.

13. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Tom is a decent guy. I negotiated to buy a yellow 360M from him. The deal fell through but he seems like a straight up person.

14. CarStore

CarStore Karting

Sep 19, 2003
    The paint name/code of our 355 listed on eBay is Grigio Titanio 3238. As I look at it in my showroom is looks like a steel blue but when it is outside the reflection of the sky makes the blue really come out. It’s a great looking combination that I have never seen before. The black leather is a perfect match for the color.
    You can see more pictures on our website.
    www.carstoreofglenside.com

Thanks for all your support and positive comments. Feel free to call us or e-mail us if you want to “chat” about any of our Ferraris.

Tom Mellett
    CarStore of Glenside

15. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    damn Tom, you beat me to giving you a positive review....

Beautiful color combo!

16. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Your description above sounds like Grigio Alloy (in English, steel gray), which is a blue-ish silver. Your description on your site says Grigio Titanio (in English, titanium gray); but your stats on your site say the exterior color is Silver (in Italian, argento). You should know that Silver is a completely different color than Titanium... based on that alone, as a buyer I would walk from your site as it makes me uncomfortable buying from a business that doesn't even know the most basic things about Ferraris.

Further, those pictures are horrible. Perhaps pretty in an artistic sense... but useless to a buyer. My assumption would be that either a) you don't have the car, so couldn't take any proper pictures; or b) you're trying to hide something by showing the car in poor light. Either way, once again I'd walk from your site.

Just a bit of friendly advice.

Finally, while a couple of the pictures look like it MIGHT be Titanium... it really doesn't look like it from your pictures. And yes, I know what Titanium looks like in all sorts of different light! Of course, in a couple of the pictures it looks purple-ish... so the lighting is clearly distorting things.

17. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    If you look at my "profile"you'll see 575MM in Grigio Titanio.It really is metallic grey with the very slightest blue tinge when the light hits at at certain angles.
    The picture of the 355 sp looks to me to be grigio alloy.

18. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    WOW, Tough bunch here. Why would the seller mislead you about the color? If you need conformation get the VIN. and contact FNA, a no brainer!

19. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Because they simply do not know. There's a lot of clueless sellers out there. There's a lot of dealers who have never seen the cars they are selling. There's a lot of dealers who could not name the four typical gray's or silver's that Ferraris come in; nor could they tell you what they look like. Beware.

20. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    Another vote for grigio alloy. My new 360 is grigio titanio--this 355 is not that color, unless the color balance in the photos is WAY off.

21. 911Fan

911Fan Formula 3

Apr 15, 2004
    Southern California
    Yet another reason not to buy a used Ferrari without first seeing it in person!

22. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    whatever the real color of the 355 spyder is.....the camera that he used to take the pictures suck a$$

23. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    One thing is for certain, the dealer needs a new digital camera.

24. CarStore

CarStore Karting

Sep 19, 2003
    Brian:
    The first sentence of my reply is “The paint name/code of our 355 listed on eBay is Grigio Titanio 3238.” This is the information on the paint code sticker. If there is something misleading about that or something else I could add that could describe a color more accurately then maybe I am clueless. I can assure you that both your assumptions are WRONG! I have the car and it is spectacular. Send me your fax # and I will fax you copies of titles in my name of every car on my website. You don't stay in this business long by misleading customers. I am enjoying my 21st year. (Any buyer should ask a dealer for a copy of title to be sure it is in dealers name before they start to negotiate with them. I get 3 calls from brokers for every one call I get from buyers which I’m sure Martin, you can agree to). I find Ferrari buyers want the actual paint name and code. That’s what I am advertising. As for the silver most portals do not recognize actual color names thus we are forced to use the basic 8 pack of Crayola Crayon colors in order to download properly to other listing sights. Silver, Blue, it’s a matter of opinion. That’s why you will find the actual colors (with paint codes) in my descriptions but not in our pull down colors.
    Tom Mellett
    CarStore Of Glenside
    www.carstoreofglenside.com

25. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Tom I apologize for the rude behavior here.

I'm surprised by these third person comments about your camera made as if you weren't here in the conversation already. Trust that this isn't representative of the community.