Any ferrari technicians here? | FerrariChat

Any ferrari technicians here?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by ChuckStyl5, May 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ChuckStyl5

ChuckStyl5 Karting

Mar 28, 2004
    The Armpit
    I currently have the chance to become a ferrari tech and I was wondering if the pay is worth it. I definitly will be tech a mercedes benz but Ferrari, is Ferrari and I would love to work on them. I was wondering how much on average is a tech paid per hour and if the jobs have good times to each, for there to be a great paycheck if working flat rate? About how much a year do you make? Thanks

2. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Oh yeah, if there's any doctors, lawyers, CEO's or CPA's that read this, please post your incomes too. And any applicable bonuses.

3. Srgtfury

Srgtfury Rookie

May 16, 2004
    Funny, I thought all Ferrari technicians used to be either: doctors, lawyers, CEO's or CPA's.

Thank you very much

Fury

4. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    i am told bmw techs make more. it is a lifestyle thing for many. good luck.

5. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    Good luck.

Most appointed dealers cash in on the appeal of the brand and pay their mechanics poorly. It is also a quality control nightmare to run a mechanics bonus scheme.....so that's where your BMW/Merc/Porsche mechanics start to win big time.

The only way to make a decent honest living fixing Ferrari, is to gain experience and then work for yourself. The risk in employing inexperienced mechanics is a high one though, so getting a foot on the ladder anywhere other than bottom will be tough.

I'm at a point where I could turn over a much larger volume of work if I had more staff, but I prefer to do it all myself to maintain quality with minimal risk.

Most customers are happy to wait. If not, there are alternatives of varying reputation.

But don't give up. Get work experience and use your eyes, ears and mouth in the same proportions as god gave them to you.......