Paramus police suck | FerrariChat

Paramus police suck

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by robiferretti, May 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
  2. kenster888

kenster888 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Massachusetts
    Going to a Hooters bikini contest without a digital camera??? You should know better than that.

3. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    i didn't even get to watch the contest, cops threw me out and took my seat

4. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
  5. Red360Stradale

Red360Stradale Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kris G
    The Paramus PD are morons. When my car was stolen three years ago it look the dumbass officer a good 10 mins to write up the report only to mess somthing up in the end. So, I had to wait another 10-15 mins for him to write another one. I'm sorry but have no respect for most of the PD's here in Bergen County. They're all a bunch of overzealous bullies out to get you.

6. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Hmm, don't take this the wrong way, but why would anyone want to purposely challenge the police??

Don't get me wrong, I had my own unfair encounter(I had undercover point his gun at the back of my head) with police and I don't like them any more than you do. But I will not try to p1ss them off EVEN IF what you did was legal, it's just not worth it.

7. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    Doing their job is one thing, you wanna kick everyone who is standing out. then kick EVERYONE who is standing out, not just select people. Then after you do that leave and keep one officer there if you want. there is no need to have 20 officers there until the bikini contest is over before they leave. I just got real pissed about that.

8. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley

Well, at least we now know that the Paramus police are not gay.

9. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    I think there's a difference between challenging a police officer on the side of the road after he's pulled you over for doing 75 in a 30 versus questioning the decision of 20 cops and the Chief of Police watch a bikini contest while on duty and then exercising civil authority to remove citizens from the venue so they can enjoy the show.

Every police office I know is super sensitive to being seen while on duty. In fact, this past weekend, we met up with some officers in NJ who were co-workers of a member of our party. The officers kept a good distance away from the group of Ferraris -- we went over and said "hi" but noone watching our interaction from afar would ever think that they just saw a bunch of cops hanging out with some Ferrari guys. That's the normal behaviour of every cop I know when I encounter them while on duty. But that's just my opinion.

Plus, I don't live in New Jersey and I'd sign Rob's name to the letter, so I say challenge 'em! :)

10. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam

I went ahead and sent a letter to them under Rob' name. Included his photo and license number. Called them every 4 letter name in the book (and their mommas) and DARED them to come after "me." No, no Rob, don't thank me...
    Premiers on Sunday, May 23rd at 9:00pm

11. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    No no no you misunderstood me.
    I think they were being complete a$$ to stake out the bikini contest and kicked you out.
    What I meant by "challenge", was referring to what you guys did afterwards, the little run which I am sure qualified for both speeding and speed contest based on how you described it. That's something they can easily and legally nail you on, they knew you were provoking anyway. I am happy for you that they did not do anything, but personally I would not do anything like that. It's just not worth it to me.

12. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Oh.... that part. Right you are!

13. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    You should have yelled FIRE!!!!! And cleared the place out!!!!

14. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Ha! Brilliant!

15. DancingDonkey

DancingDonkey Karting
    BANNED

May 16, 2004
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name: