Help!! Where can I get seat foam? | FerrariChat

Help!! Where can I get seat foam?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by dm_n_stuff, May 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I'm replacing my tired old seats with new leather, but, I'm having a difficult time locating replacement seat foam.

Do any of you know of a source for seat foam, cut to fit Daytona seats?

Thanks

2. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
  3. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

4. russh

russh Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Russell Hazarian
  5. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Matt at re-originals,who is a great guy, listed them in anticipation of being able to get his Italian supplier to make them. They can't, so he does not actually have them for the Daytona seats for my Dino.

However, after much conversation with him over the last couple of days, we have reached a compromise. He will get me new frames and seats, with the foam attached, and exchange them for my original frames and tired old leather, while giving me a discount. He did this because I had ordered the foam along with an upholstery kit, and he couldn't supply it as a separate item.

Apparently, the foam was originally molded to the seats in the factory, and the new method involves gluing foam to the frames and then using some kind of automated trimming device to make them correct for the upholstery.

So, I am ending up with new seats, foam etc, and will not have to use the pinch method, after all.