Open House Party & Car Show @ Flashback Motorworks! | FerrariChat

Open House Party & Car Show @ Flashback Motorworks!

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by 4re308, May 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Flashback Motorworks invite you!!

Please join us!! June 12th 2004 Flashback Motorworks Open House Party and Car Show! You are invited to attend the first open house party 11:30-3:00pm at Flashback Motorworks in Cumming, GA. Guests are welcome too! Bring anyone you want. Come see one of the largest exotic, classic and sports car restoration facilities in the country. We do full service restorations, classic and exotic car purchasing and sales consulting, consignments and indoor storage for 200 cars. Enjoy some gourmet food, drinks, Bruster’s Ice Cream, music, great cars and much more.

Please contact us for more information: Flashback Motorworks 2250 Pendley Road Cumming, GA 30041 (770) 781 8989.

Directions: 400 North to exit 13. Take a LEFT off the exit ramp, go to 2nd light and make a RIGHT onto Hwy 9. (see BP station on your right). Go to the first light and make a RIGHT onto Pendley Rd (see Freight Surplus store on left). Go to the 2nd building on the right, we are behind the Hoover Precision Products building. 2250 Pendley Rd.

I am in charge of organizing this event, and it would be fantastic to get as many Ferraris here as possible. We had 27 Ferraris at Kurts, and 10 of those Ferraris came back up to Flashback afterwards. It was AWESOME!

Mitchel

2. formula1joe

formula1joe Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe Bennett
    It is good to hear that you are working on a TV to watch qualifying of the Canadian Grand Prix on. SPEED has it listed right now at 2 o'clock Eastern time.

I saw some of the pictures from the little get together after Kurt's show and the place just looks amazing.

3. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Thanks Joe! The Open House will be a lot of fun, especially for those who have not seen the facility yet. There will be a lot of cars here. If it rains, we can pull all the cars inside!! Yes it is that big.

4. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Getting a really good response to the Open House invitation. On the show room, I have 5 Ferraris ,a sweet 1994 Van Deimen Formula 2 car, several MGs and Triumphs, an incredible 1919 Ford Model T Speedster with race history from new, a 1929 Ford Model A, a 1960 Rolls Royce Silver Cloud I and a slew of other cool stuff. its going to be a great time for sure.

5. 6.0 se

6.0 se F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    Hi Mitch.What type of show is it going to be?Or just a get together? A.J.

6. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Hi AJ, this is going to be a social gathering/car show/open house. It will not be a judged event, only a massive car gathering...similar to the Kurts show, only in a different location with food vendors and lots of cool stuff to see, including several rare Ferraris and some truly amazing race cars, including a 1994 Van Deimen Formula 2 car, and lots of cars in various stages of restoration. Sure to be a great time! Be sure to bring as many people as you wish!

7. 6.0 se

6.0 se F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    Hey Mitch,can you get Samantha to attend??lol

8. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
  9. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    I'm seriously trying to get Samantha to come......to the open house. Huh huh huh huhuh....:)

10. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Mitch, I wonder if you were aware that FCA is having a swap meet at T. Rutlands in Tucker from 9am to 1pm on the same day? I think a lot of people will elect to do what I am: go to Rutlands and "shop" and then head up to Flashback.

In fact, this may work out in your favor, since some out-of-towners who might not have been willing to go to either event by itself now have some incentive to come to Atlanta and "double dip".

Maybe you might want to push your event back by an hour to better accommodate everyone who will want to do both.

11. sunburn

sunburn Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Dawsonville, GA
    Full Name:
    Rick R.
    I'm there . . . and I'll try to get my brother there too.

12. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    That would probably be a good idea.

13. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    I want to attend the Rutlands event..... and the Flashback event. Would be lots of fun to have a caravan of Ferraris drive from Rutlands up to Flashback.

Mitch.... if possible, you should consider pushing the Flashback event back an hour, or extending it until 4pm or 4:30. Heck, if you extended it till 4:30 or 5pm, those of us so inclined could leave from Flashback and head out to dinner someplace nice!

I have told Bo Pirkle that I MUST have the Daytona back no later than 6/11 so I can attend this. I will be calling him EVERY DAY to push him along!

Terry

14. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Guys, that is a terrific idea! We are going to extend the Open House Party to about 4:00 or so! Not only that, but I am going to attend the Rutlands event that morning too! I'd hate to miss that event! Thank you all for the suggestion, it will be done! We can also all go to dinner that night, from Flashback! COOOOL!

15. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Dinner at at Casa Nuova (770.475.9100) would be nice. They normally don't accept reservations, but if a lot of people will go, they will make an exception. We would need a firm head count though. They have the best Italian food this side of Milan .

16. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison

count this head

Jeff

17. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Count me in for dinner as well! I love Casa Nuova! Its going to be a great day!!

18. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    Im there Frank. See if they will set aside reserved parkeing for us all up front.... I will also try and bring the wife.

Terry

19. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    "Casa Nuova" looks like a good choice. Count me in.

20. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Mitch, would you give a courtesy call over to Steve Ahlgrim at Rutlands to let him know you're coordinating your time so as to enhance potential attendance at BOTH events? It's been a mild concern, as he had his date on our FCA calendar before your event was announced. It's great that these can be worked together.

Mike Charness
    www.fca-se.com

21. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Mike, will do. I will call them this AM and make sure that they are aware of the event at Flashback. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Hope to see you there!

22. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Thanks. Steve is aware of the event at Flashback that came in after their date had been already locked in, but he won't yet be aware of the changed time that helps accomodate their event in tandem with yours.

If you'd like to look at what I posted on our regional website and email me any changes you've come up with regarding time, activities and contact info, I'll change the posting.

Mike
    www.fca-se.com

23. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
  24. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    If we are going to Casa Nuova, we need to get a firm head count and call and make reservations. Otherwise, it is very busy on Saturday night and a wait for a large party could be hours!

25. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Me plus one for dinner!