348 Headlight... where to buy | FerrariChat

348 Headlight... where to buy

Discussion in '348/355' started by julian_blk348, May 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. julian_blk348

julian_blk348 Karting

Nov 21, 2003
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Julian
    After a spirited driving session, I now have a broken headlight. A rock flew through and busted the whole thing, not just the bulbs. Other than the dealership, where do you guys get your headlights? I see that it's manufactured by Hella with the prancing horse trademark at the top left of the lens but I can't find ferrari on the Hella website.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Check with Bill at GT Car Parts he may have a used one 623-780-2200

3. julian_blk348

julian_blk348 Karting

Nov 21, 2003
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Julian
    I just called them, did not have one in stock and could order me one for $625! Yikes!!!!!! there has to be a cheaper place to buy a headlamp :(

4. Blackspider

Blackspider Karting

Mar 2, 2004
    How desperate are you for the item to come in a Ferrari box? I believe the unit can also be found in a well know scandanavian truck!

5. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    If I remember right it uses the same style Homofocal headlight as the Mondial-T...
    You might check the number on the headlight for a cross ref. with others.

6. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Ouch. No more night time driving for me, those headlights are too valuable to risk . Try Rutlands in GA. or maybe Butch Hooper at Italian Design and Racing.

7. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Question for you all.......when the light is burnt out...can you just buy a new bulb? or do you need to get the whole headlight? on my vette I had to get a new headlight thanks Todd

8. julian_blk348

julian_blk348 Karting

Nov 21, 2003
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Julian
    ToddB, you can buy just the bulbs.

Blackspyder, please tell me more about the same headlamp on a well known Scandanavia truck... I could careless if the headlamp as the prancing horse trademark or a Hundai sticker, as long as it's the same rectangular one.

Help :(

9. ltjng

ltjng Rookie

May 14, 2003
    Singapore, Sydney
    Full Name:
    Jackie

I have a wrecked Black RHD 92 348TB for parts. All parts are in perfect condition. I am pretty easy on price as I wanna settle this wreckage before I get my F355. I do have a pair of headlight assembly. Please PM me for details.

Cheers
    Jackie