i LOVE MY "JOB"...! | FerrariChat

i LOVE MY "JOB"...!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 134282, May 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Well, today (May 18th) is officially two weeks that i've been employed at The Ferrari Market Letter and i must say, i LOVE it...!!! Realistically, i can't just waltz into the Vintage forum and start answering every question that pops up, but i'm learning more and more each day... It's really awesome here... Two years ago, no one could've ever told me i'd be here today... Life has been such an interesting journey and, now that i'm here, i realize how true The Bird was when she told me she never had any regrets...

Ok, ok, so i just got back from dinner with my employers and two bottles of wine might've made a difference :)D) but still, i'm very elated and grateful to be in the position i'm in... i'm very happy and i never thought i'd end up here... i'm having a great time and i'm learning things in the process... It's all so awesome... Thank you, FerrariChat... :)

2. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Congrats....that is nice to hear.
    We all devote way too much waking time at work to hate what we do....

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Congrats Carbon. I'm glad things have worked out for you. It's all well deserved.

4. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Carb

We all know that you have come a long way since post 1, and it has been an exceptional ride!

I know I will subscribe to FML just because of your move the publication. I really look forward to reading your material and I wish you the best!

Hope to maybe see you again if you make it to the next French Quarter Concourso!

5. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I hate to break it to ya, Cassanova....SHE LIED! You were leaving the state!!

DL

6. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Congrats - I'm staying tuned to see what lies ahead....

7. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Congrats. Must be exciting for you. All the best.

Vasco.R

8. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Congrats Carbon! It's truly wonderful to see you doing something you love and enjoy so much.

9. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Congrats Carbon. I know you will be the perfect "fit" at FML. FML was invaluable to me while with FoDallas. I referred back to it an awful lot. I still have the edition in my desk at home explaining the vin coding system, year model, country of origin, RHD/LHD and the like. It saved my butt a couple of times.

Today is my last one here and I have waited until today to tell the owner as in the car business, once you tell them it is out the door, now. I start my new job Monday--NOT in the car business for the first time since 1981. Wow is this going to be different............

I know you will do well at FML and I wish you only the very best. I will keep in touch. Think about what we discussed about the trip out to West Texas later.............

My very best regards,
    Your buddy, Audiguy (through today)

10. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Carbee...Congrats on your fist two weeks! It's great when you get a chance to do something you really like! Hang in there and post some more, danmit!

11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Gerald must be working his butt off, all the international post alarm indicators have gone off with the sudden drop of posts by Carbon. :)

12. ChuckEBaby

ChuckEBaby Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 7, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    Carbon,

Your per day post percentage does seem to be down a bit? LOL!
    Hope you're enjoying your new Job AND Atlanta. It's a beautiful place.

{Brief Hijack}

James,

Wow! 23 years and now changing Careers? Is this Carb thing Contagious,
    or just a Fad? (pardon the Pun). Congrat's to you as well. I hope you're
    new job allows you to post here at FC often. Your years of experience,
    conveyed through your posts have contributed a great deal to this forum.

Good Luck to You!

Chuck

13. Varenne

Varenne Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Carbon,

I love to hear your passion for this marque. I'm sure that ownership now will be heading your way much sooner than it would have in your prior life. Either way, your're well ahead of many of us.

Congratulations on your new life down South.

Now that you're there, how about a few free subscriptions for all your friends at F-chat ???

14. dherman76

dherman76 Formula Junior
    Owner

Feb 25, 2004
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Darren Herman
    Carbon - when you wake up everyday and feel like you're not going to 'work' - that's your true love....congrats!

15. F328 BobD

F328 BobD Formula 3

Mar 17, 2001
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    BobD
    NNO, you're a lucky man to have a job you enjoy! Congrats!!!

16. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
  17. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Thanks, everyone... The "job" is great, Atlanta's great, i'm having a blast...

James, keep me posted on the new gig; we'll talk more about Texas... i've got a lot on the schedule over the next 6 months...

Varenne, i doubt free subscriptions will be possible, but maybe FML will become a FerrariChat sponsor, we'll have to see what options are out there...
    In fact, i'll tell you what; a 6 month, online subscription is $40; if you can round up ten people who will do a 6 month online subscription, i'll see about extending that 6 months to 9 months. Get me more than ten people and we'll talk more... :)

Darth, i was referring to her outlook on life... Nice try, though... :)

Rob, you can't sit here with a straight face and tell me that you're not at least a LITTE BIT happy that my post count has decreased... :)

18. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Congrats Carbon!

So when are you going to finally buy an F-car???????

Dom

19. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    Carbon,
    Glad to hear about your successes. Now, will you be an official FML representative at the Monerey events? I am sure that FML could benefit from having you there. Pictures, articles, research, and interaction could make the trip worthwhile for FML and you.

20. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    Congrats Carbon,

Nice to see you having something to garp a hold on regarding Ferrari's so you don't use all your time here on Ferrarichat :D =

21. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Just finished telling the boss. Thread on it is in Other Off Topic. I was slightly taken back by his response...............................................

22. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    good for you

23. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Carbon : congrats !! Having been a subscriber to the FML for over 28 years,i can honestly say you joined a class group.Gerald and his family have made the FML indispensible as well as entertaining for those of us with the Ferrari disease. Passion for one's work is what usually separates the "men from the boys". Enjoy your passion wherever it takes you.

24. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Mule, yes; i'll be in Monterey "on business"; same as The FFQC... Pictures, maybe some research, hopefully some articles, we'll see... i'm really having a blast here... Everyday i learn something new and i'm completely surrounded by so much stuff... Books, magazines, articles, pictures, stories, year books, magazine, book and periodical volumes, models, manuals, and just so damn much more... i have truly fallen into heaven... All day, every day, i'm either looking at pictures of Ferraris or information or stories on Ferraris or someone is telling me a story about a Ferrari or...... It's amazing how this as all happened... If you told me two years ago that i'd be here, i'd written you off as certifiable... i used to think i had the worst luck and now i realize that few have as much luck as i do...

If i have a question about a car or i'm just wondering about a certain model or a serial number, all i have to do is look it up or check one of the thousands of books or magazines ALL AROUND ME... and it seems like every week, i'm meeting someone else in the Ferrari community... Everyone's been really nice and the whole experience is just that more enjoyable with each passing day... Just yesterday Gerald turned to me and asked me if i had seen a certain thread here on the board; no, i hadn't... Well, go check it out... He and i spent the next half hour talking about this thread and we went over some information and finally i posted in that thread... Essentially, i got paid to post here...

...HOW COOL IS THAT...?!?!? :)

25. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule

Great, see you there.