May 23 LI Vineyard Rally- Registration Info | FerrariChat

May 23 LI Vineyard Rally- Registration Info

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by cmbb328, May 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cmbb328

cmbb328 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    New York
    Full Name:
    Craig Balaban
    On Sunday, May 23, FCA and Ferrari of Long Island are sponsoring a low-pressure rally that will cover some of the most scenic roads on Long Island and end at one of the Island's premier wineries for wine tasting and a catered luncheon to include lobster, bbq chicken, clams, mussels and other wonderful food. Coffee and continental breakfast will be served at the starting point, Ferrari of Long Island, in Glen Cove, from 9:30 AM. The fee is $50.00 per person. Please make your reservation by May 10 if at all possible - no registration will be accepted after May 17. Send your check payable to "ESR FCA" to Ugo Valenti at 55 Davidson Lane, West Islip, NY 11795. For more information contact Rallymaestro Ugo Valenti (PH 631-587-9580, e-mail [email protected]) or Craig Balaban (PH 631-289-3400 ext 101, e-mail [email protected]).

2. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I called Ferrari of Long Island and they told me to mail to them and make it out to Ferrari of Long Island. Two different ways to pay, I guess?

3. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Who's going?

4. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    As much as I like "schmoozing," being a new owner my bias is much more towards driving and having fun with the car, aka, the Carrera GT run. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I expect the focus here will more socializing/hangin' out, and less driving, although I do recognize there will be a scenic drive.

5. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    Yeah...anyone going? If we dont pay the $50....you think we can just meet at FofLI and drive with all the Fcars over to the North Fork....have lunch somewhere else....and then drive back? whacha guys think? because really, the $50 probably covers the lunch costs.

Though, I dont mind paying because I am a FofLI customer.

6. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Me too. I like both,the driving and the schmoozing...well...mostly checking out the cars

In any case...my interaction with F Of LI will now be limited to them replacing my clutch...which won't happen by 5/23

7. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Usually NY often elsewhere.
    Full Name:
    John
    Hubert: why don't you sell your pair of Scuderia Todd's so you can pay for Sam, me, Lupei, Notoboy, Vik and Vik's "flavor of the week"?

8. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    LOL...so you guys interested in driving down to the North Fork or what?

9. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    I just got the email from Ferrari of LI. Here is the official Rally Banner:

10. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    pchop is twisting my arm on this one. Plus, it's the only way I could get him to join us for our run on Saturday. ;)

Work/weather permitting, I will trek it down. 50/50 at this point. Only due to anticipated work demands. :(

11. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Well, if pchop and ghost are going... Maybe I can, too.

Who else is in?

12. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    i will be there as well.

13. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    YOU KNOW ME AND I AM INSTALLING MY TEST PIPES TONIGHT SO SUNDAY IS GOING TO BE LOUD! LOUD! LOUD!

14. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Twist my arm and I'll be there.

15. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    if the weather is not that bad .... I'll probably go.

16. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    I just called FoLI concerned about the RSVP & late registration.
    (516) 671-7575

and was told to show up at their showroom Sunday with $50 in hand and I can go. (or they're happy to take your $50 over the phone in plastic)

17. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    I think I'm going to take the money-in-hand approach too. There seems to be a bunch of heading to the East (could this be ROE II? :eek: ) from Jersey and the City, and so thought it might be fun to caravan.

The list I have so far is:

(1) Hubert888
    (2) ClydeM
    (3) Titanium360
    (4) ghost
    (5) cmbb328
    (6) sjmst
    (7) Black355

Is everybody still going?

Would like to suggest meeting at The Cloisters at 8:00am, and then heading down. How does that work for people?

18. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    sounds cool to me. im definitely down for stuff this weekend i guess. It's so funny how Vik writes how people who are sitting on the fences about whether to go or not ARE indeed going. LOL

19. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    All part of my master psycho-subversion plan! :D:D:D

Seriously, though, let's have Ferrari fun this weekend, and I promise to leave everybody alone next weekend for golf and the other "lifestyle" things we do when we're not behind the wheel. ;)

20. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy

Wait. There's life besides the Ferrari?

21. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    and for those non-NY type folk such as myself, the Cloisters are ??? and can be found where????

22. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    I've not experienced it, but rumor has it that yes...

23. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    The Cloisters is on the West Side of upper, upper Manhattan, slightly beyond the George Washington Bridge. Keep going on the West Side highway till you pass GWB. Once you pass the bridge, stay on the highway, but keep an eye out for the signs. The Cloisters should be on the right side. Once you make the turn, you'll drive up a curvy road which will bear left, and eventually reach a small roundabout. We'll meetcha there.

24. udalmia

udalmia Guest

good news !

my registration finally got done and I am expecting the plates sometime today! my travel also got postponed to sometime on sunday (exact time I am not sure but it SHOULD be evening)

I will definetely try to make it for this one too! this looks like a fantastic weekend

25. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    you guys get off at exit 39 glen cove rd I can be waiting at the mobil when you guys get off the exit to join the caravan. Just let me know what time you want to meet there?