One more question about shields, "sorry" | FerrariChat

One more question about shields, "sorry"

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Buttuz4eva, May 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    I know pretty much every thing about the shields aftermarket ones that is but i have one simple question and this only implys to someone who has put a factory badge on a non resessed fender the question in hand is does it fit perfectly on the fender or is the curve not right and has to be ressed into the fender.

this is not a question that I am looking for opinions I just want to know if anybody has ordered the factory shields that bolt on and fit to the fender curvature without resessing them.

2. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    #2 titanium360, May 19, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    i had bought two sets of metal badges from Nick who is selling them on f-chat. the first set did not fit properly since the curvature did not match the car's. the second set which was bought few months later from him fit perfectly on my old 360 coupe and are realy nice. see for yourself
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    the curve of the shield is made to fit perfectly the curve of your 360 fender when positioned in the proper spot. IMO, from the picture above, it seems that the yellow background on the shield looks different than the yellow background on the nose badge.

4. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    I bought metal sheilds on e-bay and they fit perfectly on my 355.

5. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Still think would have been better if the fender is recessed

6. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    Agreed 100% but i would think that these shields are the second best.

7. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    I DONT THINK I WAS ASKING ABOUT A OPINION.

Titanium I aggre 100% as well nicks are the best next to the original ones I have nicks and I am happy but I think I want the original ones anyway paulie is right about the difference in yellow but it is the next best shield for a fact I just want to make sure that the factory ones will fit perfect if the fender is not ressessed so I dont through away $1,600 on the real ones and also have a hole in the fender where they drill because the factory ones are bolt on.

8. roccapalumbo

roccapalumbo Karting

Mar 16, 2004
    ohio
    Full Name:
    robert
    Buttuz, Call Jack Babitt at NJB in Westerville,Ohio (614-891-5678) cell phone and leave message and he will call you back. I think he can get you the badges for about $1200-$1300 and save you a few hundred. Stand up guy and excellent ferrari only shop. Robert

9. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    wow that is good the dealer wants $916 per badge thanks for the heads up!

and I found out that the shields will fit perfect.

10. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Cool - Make sure to post some pics. They look good either way, but ressessed would add a nice touch - More than I would want to spend for it though.