envelope stuffer? | FerrariChat

envelope stuffer?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Ryan S., May 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    has anyone here done that. it seems pretty easy. and the pay is pretty good too, compared to work at the mall or the like. Is it just some kind of scam? How hard do you think itd be to stuff 500 to a 1000 envelopes a week. I think itd be pretty easy. Going rate seems to be about $1500 a week. anyways, thanks for the help. im just trying to find a good easy job that doesnt take up to much time. I need some extra cash.

2. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Ryan,
    I have not looked into it but if your telling me that someone is going to pay me a dollar or dollar fifty per envelope I put a letter in sign me up today.

3. cohiba_man

cohiba_man Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2003
    Canada
    Full Name:
    John
    I don't know if this is in jest or not, but if your serious, its an old scam, you send your money and they send you a thing saying to place an ad like theirs and then stuff envelopes with info to send to people who respond, its not an actual job.

4. cohiba_man

cohiba_man Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2003
    Canada
    Full Name:
    John
    Also, just think about it

I, in Canada, which has very high labour costs, can pay someone $10 an hour to stuff my envelopes for me, and they will take the work willingly (students etc). They can stuff an envelope at least every 30 seconds, so thats 120 envelopes an hour, which I paid $10 to have stuffed as opposed to $120+ and thats IF there was no such thing as automated machines that do this.

5. Ryan S.

Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    no, i was serious. Im just always curious about goofy things like this. Jobs like this are all over those employment sites. So basically its a pyramid scam?

Heres there line as to why they need someone to do this job for em.

"We need your help because we have more work than our local home office can handle. We would like to mail our offers to thousands of people in the United States and Canada. If we give out our stuffing and mailing jobs to people like you, we save lots of money on our overhead costs – such as rent for additional space, payroll for additional employees and supervisors, insurance costs, taxes, etc"

sounded good to me. And they only ask for 38 bucks to start up, and they say theyll pay you your 38 bucks back once you start mailing letters. :)

6. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

I have heard it(scam) another way - they pay on respone from the envelopes you send. Regardless it is not a real opportunity.

7. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    My friend Desi is going to do this. Her boyfriend and myself are telling her it is a scam and not to. If anyone has any proof that this is a scam please tell so on here. I really want to help her out. She dosnt have the money for a scam.

8. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    the Federal Trade Commission toll-free, 1-877-FTC-HELP, or visit www.ftc.gov

This is posted in my town's local paper next to every ad in their classifieds that they feel is suspect.

Call them up and see.

My feeling is that it is most likely a scam.

9. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
  10. Ryan S.

Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
  11. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    You mean you can get paid to do this??
    I've stuffed envelopes for my dad's campaigns more than a few times, so i think i have a pretty good labeling and stuffing system worked out.
    $1500 a week sounds awesome. I wont make close to half of that with an internship this summer.

12. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    This is an illegal pyramid scheme because there is no real product or service being offered. You won’t get rich, and you could be prosecuted for fraud.

STAY AWAY!!
    Think about it!! If you could make two bucks an envelope would you be telling everyone your secret? NO WAY IN HELL!!

PD (HARD WORK! Now thats the way!)

13. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    P. T. Barnum said it best..