355 interior trim restoration | FerrariChat

355 interior trim restoration

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by k wright, May 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    Has anyone restored the rubberized interior trim on this car? I would greatly appreciate any information on this.

Ken

2. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    Looks like someone else is having the same problem with the interior "melting".

ken

3. 355Aloha

355Aloha Karting

Feb 15, 2004
    Honolulu Hawaii
    Full Name:
    John N
    We have all paid a lot of money for these 355's.

I has become apparent, in watching Ferrari Chat for a number of months now that the AC panel and the rubber paint is failing and is manufacture defect. We are suffering because the manufacture has made some bad choices.

I am not a legal person, but I remember many years ago a attorney explaining to me two type of warranties that exist.
    One is called stated warranty, which is like 48 months warranty.
    The other one is implied warranty which reflects the consistent failing of a item premature of its useful life.
    When I had a failure on a B--- that was just outside of warranty and it was covered, because B-- new that they had a problem with this trans, they replaced it.

May- be we should all get together on these two problems. .Does some one out there know the legal side of this.

4. delaney

delaney Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    St Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    PETER DELANEY
    Gents .. I'm working on getting a replacement panel ... please see my posts updated today.

Regards,

Pete