testarossa r/s window regulator | FerrariChat

testarossa r/s window regulator

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by GRANDE GRINGO, May 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GRANDE GRINGO

GRANDE GRINGO Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    PERNAMBUCO/RECIFE BR
    would any one tell me if the window regulator on a /tr can be repaired,i,m about to check a problem as my window does not work.what should i pay for a replacement.do are f40 rotors and calipers fit the t/r ,should i just change the front.

regards
    tom

2. D-348

D-348 Karting

May 6, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Cochran
    Are you talking about your power window electronic control unit (ECU)? If so, there is a way to check it to see if it is damaged, but it's probably not your problem. The more common causes for power window problems are blown fuses or a wiring problem. The motors are also durable, which is good news since the ECU and the motors are the most expensive components in the system (in that order).

What are the syptoms - does the window not work at all? Did it stop all of a sudden or gradually get worse until it now doesn't work at all? Have you checked the fuses?

3. Diablo

Diablo Formula Junior

The TR window regs are a b*tch.
    If the window goes really slow, check the motor to see if it is getting hot.
    That is a good sign of the grease inside creating a resistance.

If you did the brake up grade(if it fit), you would need new rims anyway. Offset would not be correct.

4. GRANDE GRINGO

GRANDE GRINGO Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    PERNAMBUCO/RECIFE BR
    THANKS FOR THE REPLY ,AFTER 3MTHS OF NON USAGE ,WINDOW WOULD NOT COME UP,NOW I WILL CHECK FUSES,BUT L/S IS VERY ,VERY SLOW.
    I WILL KEEP YOU INFORMED.
    CIOA
    TOM

5. GRANDE GRINGO

GRANDE GRINGO Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    PERNAMBUCO/RECIFE BR
    I HAVE CONTACTED EURO PARTS FERRARI UK,AND CAN BUY FLANGE AND STUB TYPE FROM AN 89 T/R ALL UP 1500POUNDS TO CONVERT PLUS ,SET USED WHEELS SAY 500 TO 700 US ,THE REASON IS I LIKE THE 5PIN SET UP ALSO MORE DESIRABLE UPON SALE,AM I STILL WASTING TIME HERE.A WRECKED T/R ON EBAY FOR 6000K DOES NOT SEEM EXPENSIVE ,IF YOU CONSIDER WHAT CAN BE TAKEN FROM IT.
    CIAO
    TOM