HELP-"Check Engine" light on 360Modena stays on | FerrariChat

HELP-"Check Engine" light on 360Modena stays on

Discussion in '360/430' started by Tomf-1, May 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    For some unknown reasons, the "check engine" light on my 360M came on and stayed on....everything else works perfectly.

1- Is this serious (again, the car runs perfectly and all readings are normal on the dashboard)?
    2- What could be the causes?

Car just had its major service (out of town...). I will have it check out but would like to solicit your opinions, 360M owners/mechanics/360 gurus...anyone...anyone?

2. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Thomas-- Thank you so much for the info.
    Come to think of it, I did start the car and accelerated off rather quickly without waiting for it to complete its testing run through....Perhaps, that was the culprit?? Tried it again a few minutes ago and it's still on....a bit annoying.

3. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Did you check that your gas cap is on tight?

4. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    This was my reason before.

5. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    if the gas cap is the issue then just start the car about 7-8 times and it will reset by itself or just turn off the battery for a minute or two. either way it works.

6. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Hi Brian--- Yeah......She is turn about as tight as it can be but the darn CEL is still on....Everything works perfectly though so it's just a "peace of mind annoyances" thang...ya know.

7. Brian C. Stradale

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    If it hasn't gone away, then I'd run it to your dealer... let them pull up the codes on the SD2... it may be a sensor gone awry or some such. Probably not a big deal, but I wouldn't just ignore it.

8. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Thanks, Brian--- Unfortunately, there isn't such "dealership" in the Kansas City proper. The only F-shop around here is Autosport Gallery. Chris Hill is awesome but he doesn't have the equipment to run diagnostic on 360M or newer...

9. Brian C. Stradale

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    In that case, you might want to see what a standard ODBII reader sees... if its a standard emissions fault, it will show up. If its some Ferrari-specific code, then you'll be left guessing.

10. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Excellent idea, Brian.
    Will follow up on that.
    Thanks, guy.