Looking for a 1995 F355 GTS Red/Tan... | FerrariChat

Looking for a 1995 F355 GTS Red/Tan...

Discussion in '348/355' started by ErdemO, May 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ErdemO

ErdemO Rookie

Apr 16, 2004
    Vienna, VA
    Full Name:
    Erdem
    Greetings everyone,

I am looking for a 1995 F355 GTS Red/Tan with around 20K miles. Anybody know of one for sale or would consider selling theirs??? Please either post or PM me...

Thanks...

2. jbjavaheri

jbjavaheri Karting

Mar 4, 2004
    West L.A.
    Full Name:
    Jason
    355 GTS's were only produced from '96-'97. Check out www.Ferrariclassified.com and search under "F355 GTS" and not "F355 GTS ('96-'97)". For some reason you get more results under the former. They have about 12 6-speed GTS's available. I didn't check the F1 GTS's.

Nice choice. One of my favorites.

3. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Not true. I own a '98 F355 GTS

4. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    JRS, a Uk Fchatter , owns '95 355 GTS.

5. evandaalen

evandaalen Formula 3
    Consultant

Feb 7, 2004
    Deventer, NL
    Full Name:
    Edvar van Daalen
    Regarding the F355 GTS, the existing "US Model Years" are 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998 and 1999. So, yes, there are 1995 F355 GTSs.

6. ErdemO

ErdemO Rookie

Apr 16, 2004
    Vienna, VA
    Full Name:
    Erdem
    Thanks for the replies, guys.. Yes, I also know that there are 1995 through 1999 F355 GTS out there.
    Jason - I don't know where you got your info from but it is definitely not accurate. Also, thanks for the recommendation on FerrariClassified.com but I have already been looking there and those listings seem to be very very old. Most of those cars have been sold a long time ago. And if you look at the asking prices there, you can pretty much get an idea of how old they are too.

Anyway, my question still stands: Is there anyone here that knows of (or owns) one that is for sale???

7. ErdemO

ErdemO Rookie

Apr 16, 2004
    Vienna, VA
    Full Name:
    Erdem
    Oohh... BTW, I live in Virginia, USA..

8. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK

ha ha... yep its a global site alright! Unless you wanna pay some pretty high shipping costs :)

9. ecadwell

ecadwell Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Bend, OR
    Full Name:
    Eric Cadwell
    Well, Martin has a Red 1997 GTS that is available. Seems like a good car if you don't mind the salvage title. I don't know how firm you are on a '95, either. Good luck to you.

www.4ferrari.com

10. ErdemO

ErdemO Rookie

Apr 16, 2004
    Vienna, VA
    Full Name:
    Erdem
    Thanks Eric but, I have already been in contact with Martin about that one and he says that his price is firm. I have made him a slightly lower offer but he wouldn't accept it... In this case, I am thinking that a 1995 (slightly more powerfull too) with a little higher mileage and a clean title would be a smarter choice... And from the prices I have been following, it is definitely possible to buy one like that in the same price range as what Martin is asking for his car. At least from a private seller, that is... I hope that he finds a buyer that is willing to pay that amount but it won't be me...

Still, if anyone wants to sell theirs, please let me know. Thanks.

11. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Eric,
    sorry, i did realise you were in States but just used the example to show there were '95 GTS's about ! ;-)

12. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    There are a few 95 GTSs for sale in this week's AutoWeek classifieds. Black/Tan.

13. jbjavaheri

jbjavaheri Karting

Mar 4, 2004
    West L.A.
    Full Name:
    Jason
    ooops! sorry.

14. Dave_Car_Guy

Dave_Car_Guy Karting

Apr 24, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Dave
    There is one for sale near me, at a place in Walnut Creek, CA. The removable top has been painted to match, so it looks like a Berlinetta. Likely too far from VA to consider?

BTW, I just bought my 95 355 Spyder from phxcars.com in AZ. I love it (Pic attached)

15. ErdemO

ErdemO Rookie

Apr 16, 2004
    Vienna, VA
    Full Name:
    Erdem
    Thanks Dave.. I actually would not mind if the car is in CA or anywhere else (as long as it is in the US). But is this the same car that they have been advertising for $110K?? If it is, then that is way too overpriced and certainly over my budget. If it is a different one with a more reasonable asking price, I would definitely be interested. Is it advertised anywhere?

Ohh and the spyder I think is very beautiful too. I just like the lines of the coupe better and the GTS seems to be the best of both worlds..

If anyone else has any other leads, I would love to hear them too.. Thanks to all for your help..

Erdem.

16. Dave_Car_Guy

Dave_Car_Guy Karting

Apr 24, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Yes, that is the one advertised for $110K, at Prestige Autohaus. I think it may be advertised on ferrariclassified.com or maybe on yahoo cars...either way it is on the Prestige website. But I saw it when I went in the shop a month or so ago. They have it overpriced, but it's on consigment so they are just putting the price on it that the seller desires. It has been for sale for at least 4 months, so an offer might be considered.

If you want to meet a great broker I know who goes to all the high-end car auctions, his name is David Chritiansen and he has some cars on sale on Yahoo Cars now (e.g.: a Maserati Spyder) and his number is 925-788-3470. He can go find you the car you seek and you pay the wholsesale price (auction price plus a small fee to him). He can get you a 97 GTS for around $80-$85K, I'd say. He knows the market very well and can be helpful in getting you the right car at a good price.

Also check the cars at siliconvalleyautogroup.com. They had a couple of GTS's last I saw...one was black, another silver, but they may have ared one. Good guys there, too...ask for Harry.

Good luck.

17. ErdemO

ErdemO Rookie

Apr 16, 2004
    Vienna, VA
    Full Name:
    Erdem
    Dave - Thanks for the recommendations and the info. I am actually looking for a 1995 with more miles (like around 20K+) for less. I am not looking to pay 80K or more. I'm more like in the high 60s - low 70s territory.

Anyway, thanks again and if there are any other leads, I would love to hear them.

Erdem.