28-30 May Spa Ferrari weekend | FerrariChat

28-30 May Spa Ferrari weekend

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by 355fiorano, May 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Is anyone going to this event. I got an e-mail from the owner site.:

The historic seven-kilometre Spa-Francorchamps circuit will be open to Prancing Horse client drivers during the latest Ferrari Maserati Days event which runs from May 28th to 30th. A total of nine practice sessions will be reserved for owners of Ferrari road cars over the course of the three-day event. Competition car owners will receive the same kind of special treatment and can also hit the track at the wheels of their own Ferraris (valid racing licences, hats and gloves are obligatory) during the Pirelli Maranello series (see Class B form).

Looks realy good and the price is OK. I am seriously tempted but I am doing so much with all the events this year I don't think I can aford to do anymore :(

2. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    Away that weekend so can't make it I'm afraid

3. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    I went last year and it was brilliant, although I did get a tad over-enthusiastic, slid off into the gravel at Pouhon and had to be ignominiously towed out backwards by a big Jeep thing.

I notice the price is higher this year in that they are charging the same price for each individual day as they did for the weekend (I went for the Saturday and Sunday and stayed overnight in Liege) last year.

Spa is a fabulous track and trundling up Eau Rouge / Radillion with the nose of the car pointing at the sky is awesome and makes you realise that the F1 boys do earn their money after all.

All in all, I would thoroughly recommend it. Great track, excellent Ferrari racing and demos and superb lunch. Effectively you get a track day with a whole load of bonus racing etc. thrown in for what is still a pretty good price even if it isn't the irrefutable bargain it was last year.

4. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Sounds really good. Looking at the amount of track time though there is not really that much. I have already booked a Spa trackday in June wich has open pit lane (and some yuitions as it will be my first time). I'll deinitely consider it next year.

5. gnasher328

gnasher328 Rookie

Mar 28, 2004
    New Forest, England
    Full Name:
    Tim Nash
    I will be there for the track day on Friday, which looks to be the best vfm, and to watch the racers show how I should have done it on Saturday.