HELP Neede pix of 246 door interior. | FerrariChat

HELP Neede pix of 246 door interior.

Discussion in '206/246' started by dm_n_stuff, May 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Before I wreck the brand new doorpanels I'm installing, can anyone provide detailed pictures of where, or if, there are any exterior finish screws in the doors on the panels?

The ones I took off have a half dozen #8 screws with grommets, but, after looking at the back panels, I'm not at all sure they belong there.

I'm also gonna post this in general topic.

Thanks,

Dave

2. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    My dino has the original door panels. they are attatched in seven locations. The following photos show how. they are all attatched using small flat head screws that have been painted black (I have black leather, I do not know if the color was always black or painted after the fact to balck) that have small black washers behind them (not grommets).

should you need additional photos, please let me know.

3. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    sorry the second photo posted twice, my mistake. there are two screws located near the door catch and one near the top, the photo didn't work.

4. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Thanks.

Similar to mine, but with SS screws and a special grommet that looks like it was hammered flat.

Appreciate the info, guess that's the way they are supposed to be.

Dave

5. russh

russh Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Russell Hazarian
    I have been trying to research this same topic, since I need to eventually restore my original door panels. I have collected pictures of various 246 Dino's that have been for sale, and I have not seen any consistent pattern. I wonder if the original 246 Dino sales brochures contain pictures of the door panels.

6. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Don't know.

My car had the original door panels, very beat, on it when I bought it, but they were so shot that I was unsure about the screws being original, or an add on to keep the panels from falling off.

Called my Fcar mechanic this afternoon and he was pretty sure they used a combination of interior clips and screws with grommets

Advised me to be caredul not to lose either the screws or plastic insets for the clips as all are hard to replace. Although obviously, only the screws show.

7. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Dave, sorry this reply took so long; i hope some of these pictures help...

The first one is from a book from Automobilia called Dino 166-206-246 by Piero Casucci; page 58

The second is from the Dino 246 GT uso e manutenzione from 1970. Page 29

The third is from the Dino 246 GT uso e manutenzione from 1972. Page 29

The fourth is from a book called Dino Les autres Ferrari, by Jean-Paul Gabriel, from 1988.

The last picture is from a book entitled Ferrari Dino 246 GT Super Profile by Nathan Beehl, Page 46, 1987.

If there's anything else i can do, let me know. This information was, of course, provided by The Ferrari Market Letter... :)

8. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Carb.

Thanks bud.

You need to get a life though, too much time indoors doing research will melt your brain.

Aren't there any fabulous Southern ladies down in Hotlanta that think the horsie on your chest is cute??

Dave

9. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Just about everytime i go into the grocery store, one of the female cashiers will say something; there was a woman in the drug store last week who actually touched my chest to part the folds of my shirt so she could see it better...!

i'm staying inside where it's safe...!

10. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Carbon.

Get a tan, hang out at the pool, find a nice girl who'll appreciate your fine Northern breeding.

Um, maybe not.

How about, Stay pasty white, hang out at the mall, and try to attract a mall rat or two.

Well, somewhere in GA there must be someone who can get you out of the archives at FML and into the fresh air.

11. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    He needs a beater GT4, with a sunroof. That's the ticket!!!!!!

12. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Um... why would i wanna do that...? :)

Speedy, i've got a convertible, why would i 'downgrade' to a sunroof...? :)