Graduation/Commissioning | FerrariChat

Graduation/Commissioning

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by MarineVette, May 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MarineVette

MarineVette Karting

Mar 1, 2004
    Today's the day!

Graduating from Tulane University in New Orleans and being commissioned into the United States Marine Corp this evening as a 2nd LT. Then its off to flight school! No ferrari yet, but I bought myself a 2004 Corvette Vert for all the hard work I have done.

Semper Fi

2. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    I'm a supporter of Military, but civvie - so I don't think I qualify to say anything in Latin. So...

Congratulations, Keep the eyes on the back of your head focused & Good Luck.

3. kdross

kdross Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Congrats on graduating. Good luck with pilot school.

For the same price or less than you paid for your 04 Vette, you could have purchased a Ferrari 308GT4, 308 GTS/GTB, 308 GTSi/GTBi, 308 QV GTS/GTB, 328 GTS/GTB, 348, Mondial 8, Mondial 3.2, Mondial T.

Ken

4. normhuff

normhuff Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2003
    Peoria, IL
    Full Name:
    J. Norman Huff, Esq.
    Congrats. If you watched the movie An Officer and a Gentleman with Richard Gere, my only advice would be to stay wary of the local ladies hoping to latch on to a flight school trainee any way they can. I know the former Army drill instructor I work with now would say that Marine actually stands for Muscles Are Required Intelligence Not Essential, but I'm sure you'll prove him wrong. Good Luck...

5. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Congratulations!!! I'm still fighting the urge to buy an Lieutenantmobile but my resolve is weakening....

6. PWehmer

PWehmer Formula 3

Oct 15, 2002
    Surrounded by Water
    Yes- but much harder to finance & no graduate rebate check, warranty,.....

Congrats & good health!

7. Evolved

Evolved F1 Veteran

Nov 5, 2003

Not the officer Corps. I've never been anything but impressed with ROTC marine corps students. Always above average students.

The fact that he's flying drops this young man in a very elite group of individuals. They don't give just anyone the keys to 50-100 million dollar airplanes.

I a curious why you didn't go to the air force if you wanted to fly? After all, they've got nukes.

8. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Congratulations, sir. And don't worry about that Officer and Gentlemen crap. You see, over 60 years ago, my Dad was going through OCS in Jax when he met my mother, who was a telephone operator, at one of those dances. They made it to their 50th anniversary before he died.

Do they still send you guys to Pensacola for the initial flight training? If so, send me a PM with your contact info, and I'll look you up this Summer. My mother still lives in the Pensacola area, and I need to get over to do some work on the house.

Best, Dale

BTW, the reason my Dad went Navy was that he couldn't stand the blood stripe. Probably saved his life because he ended up flying PBYs. The Marines lost a lot of men trying to land those tail draggers onto jungle airstrips.

BTW1, my Dad always wanted me to go to Tulane. Funny, huh?

9. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Con grats!!! Enjoy the Basic School!!!!!!

DrS

10. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Congratulations.

I hope you get the F-18D