348 Challenge Headlight conversion? | FerrariChat

348 Challenge Headlight conversion?

Discussion in '348/355' started by julian_blk348, May 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. julian_blk348

julian_blk348 Karting

Nov 21, 2003
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Julian
    After finding out that a 348 headlamp will run about $700 from the dealer, I'm very temped to convert to a fixed glass type headlights like in the challenger (I think) style since I think it looks great.

Does anyone know how complicated and how much for parts? Thanks!

2. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    Just looking at some pictures, it appears that the competition car has the same original headlight behind the plexi cover. No help? I hope I never have to encounter this problem on my 348!

3. julian_blk348

julian_blk348 Karting

Nov 21, 2003
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Julian
    Miltonia,

That's a good clear picture. Looks like I would have to buy a headlamp no matter what. But I'm still very interested in the competion glass headlamp conversion because I think it makes the car looks meaner :)

4. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    The cars that had the headlight like that, were the challenge cars that were prepped by Michelloto. As for any after market setups, I haven't heard of any. But I'm sure it isn't that hard to do. It looks like all they did was to remove the pop-up headlight assembly, and then mount the head light inside, covering it with some plexy glass, or lexan.