348 Challenge wheels and rear grill | FerrariChat

348 Challenge wheels and rear grill

Discussion in '348/355' started by sduke, May 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sduke

sduke Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2003
    The Hub City, Texas
    Full Name:
    Steven D
    I have been searching the archives unsuccessfully for sources for 348 Challenge wheels and the Challenge rear grill. Are these items "dealer only"?

2. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Nope. Speedline makes the rims, but what challenge grill are you talking about? Do you mean the speciale grill, the one that exposes the tail lights?

3. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    #3 tonyh, May 23, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    There wasn't a Challenge grill made for the 348. However, a UK fchatter has done a great custom job on one and fitted 355 Speedlines too.See thread below.
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10558&highlight=348+challenge+grill
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. sduke

sduke Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2003
    The Hub City, Texas
    Full Name:
    Steven D
    Ernie

I stand corrected. I didn't know the name of the Speciale grill. The one I saw had no grills over the tail lights and what looked like a cooling vent in the center. The rear looked much cleaner and more aggressive in my humble opinion.

Tony

I found that grill (thanks, by the way) I was afraid that was a job I was not qualified for. Although I have considered the S.L. grill that was mentioned in the thread. I found their web page and I like the 355 look to the rear, but I am not sure if I want to change the character of the car that much. I found a 348tb on ebay that had the Speciale grill and I really like the look.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6212&item=2478972645&rd=1

I love the whole car but I am a little leery of it since there is so much done to the car and I am not sure of actual value of all the additions. Since this is going to be my first Ferrari, I want to make sure I get a solid one without any problems that may surface if I try to sell later. I am finding the TB's to be a bit rare.