RE: Monaco Gp | FerrariChat

RE: Monaco Gp

Discussion in 'F1' started by ferraridriver, May 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
  2. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    Only a coupled of hours before the sixth F1. Can Ferrari win six striaght?

3. dpardyferrari

dpardyferrari Karting

Aug 7, 2002
    Brunswick Maine
    Full Name:
    Darrell Pardy
    This is with out a doubt the highlight of the season for watching racing on TV. Monaco is the jewel in the crown and anything can and usually does happen. With the qualifying as it was my podium prediction is: 1-Button, 2 - Trulli, 3- M. Schumacher.

BTW - if you ever get a chance to see a GP in Monaco live -- DO IT. I was there in 1987 and will never forget it.

4. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
  5. rkm

rkm Karting

Apr 13, 2004
    Spring Hill
    Full Name:
    Robert Monroe
    Well there's a perfect example of JPM's wonderful sense of sportsmanship. Hopefully the race stewards will have their way with him for this. Michael iis on his way to the Steward's office right now.

6. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    ****ing Montoya.I can't stand him.

7. BubblesQuah

BubblesQuah F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Charlotte
    I'm sure montoya wasn't expecting someone to slam on the brakes in front of him - why the lockup?

8. Tony Fuisz

Tony Fuisz Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Bethesda, MD
    Full Name:
    Tony Fuisz
    Montoya should stand in the corner for the rest of the season.

9. rkm

rkm Karting

Apr 13, 2004
    Spring Hill
    Full Name:
    Robert Monroe
    Well JPM might not have been expected the sudden slowdown, but it doesn't look like he tried real hard to avoid michael's car there. He saw a oportunity to pull his usual b.s. and he took it. But he apologized to the red cars so it's all okay, even though he gets to finish the race in fourth place even though he's a lpa down and micheal is completely out.

10. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Cute how you call it a suddden slowdown, I call it locking-up your race car.

You can't pass under yellow. JPM didn't pull any thing, He just couldn't stop when your boy locked-up and lost control of his car on a safty lap. What was that?

Michael should have let JPM fly by.... then the cars would have been straightened out in the right order before the Safety Car turned off.

11. stevej33

stevej33 Karting

Feb 16, 2004
    Lincoln, UK
    Full Name:
    Steve Jollands

BUTTON for the win i'd say.............
    up the brits!!
    steve j

12. castex

castex Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Rouen, France
    Full Name:
    Thomas Daniels
    What a great race! Classic Monaco.
    Big props to Alonso for trying to overtake in the tunnel:D Better luck next time.

13. rkm

rkm Karting

Apr 13, 2004
    Spring Hill
    Full Name:
    Robert Monroe
    Yeah Michael locked up there, but I didn't see any loss of control. He slowed down before he locked up, but when he was back he got back into the racing line. As you said you can't pass under yellow, so why would michael have expected JPM to be there passing him? I should think that as slow as they were actually going when it all happened that JPM could have braked to avoid Schumacher, but he didn't even try to slow down he just tried to shoot past michael

14. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark

Isn't that act of locking up, in its own a loss of control?

I just saw it again. So many cars were on JPM's back that if JPM would have stomped on the brakes
    it would have been his car that got rear-ended and maybe taken out by the pack.
    That would have been a high price to pay for something MS started.

15. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    Classic MONACO! wow what a great race!

My 2 cents,

It was Schumi's fault.

Wow did barrichello look sad...

And everything turned out
    "Trulli Great"

what a bad pun lol

-jt

16. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    obviously bad result for michael but hey, shXt happens. really would like to know more before commenting,

17. rkm

rkm Karting

Apr 13, 2004
    Spring Hill
    Full Name:
    Robert Monroe
    Well, we all tend to see what we want to see. I'm not saying Schumi was faultless, but he wasn't alone. We'll see what the race stewards decide and go from there. I suppose I am biased towards schumi to not want to think he ever has any fault in an incident if its not crystal clear, such would be why I think there's a little more to his slowdown than it first appears. I know he plays "dirty" sometimes, and that in large part is why he climber to where he is today, but under any circumstance over JPM and himself I have to give the benefit of the doubt to Schumi. I am just so used to JPM pulling his usual b.s. it's hard to imagine anything he does on the track is not out of contempt for schumi and love of himself. If I ever saw him do something for the good of the race, our even the good of the team, not just himself, I wouldn't know how to act.

18. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    I'm a big MS fan and don't like JPM at all... but in this case, no way you blame that on JPM... what MS did, intentional or not, could not have been expected and JPM did good to react enough with the steering wheel and brakes to miss MS and not hit the inside wall... which JPM was at when he touched MS...

Consider what JPM saw... sudden deceleration and a bit of smoke off MS left front... not knowing what MS might have run over or whatever, I'd swerve right... and if you're swerving right, you cannot be full brakes... and as close as the cars are, the result was inevitable and perfectly reasonable behavior from JPM.

MS either had a mechanical failure of some sort or way overestimated how hard he could brake test JPM to gain a gap and run on him. Or... any number of other explanations...

Perhaps RB's complaints about the car also happened to MS... left front was not weighted and thus locked up without a whole lot of force... lots of speculating...

19. rkm

rkm Karting

Apr 13, 2004
    Spring Hill
    Full Name:
    Robert Monroe
    Yeah, it's all speculating at this point. Sometimes we all (obviously myself again in this case) see what we want. Brian you made some good points. I suppose I am still a bit young to this and overeact a little too easily. I just have a hard imagining a result the same way if it had been anyone else behind MS than JPM. I will be very interested to see what the council has to say about it though. I apologize to anyone for jumping the gun. I should have waited a bit after seeing the first replay before responding. After I saw the replays a few more times I realized there was quite a bit i didn't see the first time. Lesson learned

20. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    OK! So JPM needs to take his super car divers permit rip it up and throw it into the Mediterranean Sea.

He (Motoya) was a lap down because he took a pit stop when the safety car came out. The leader (M. Schumacher) is allowed to dictate the terms of the race during the safety car as long as he is 5 car lengths behind the SF. So Montoya is going to whine about this for the next 2 weeks. Schumacher is going to take it like a champ, win the next 5 races and maintain his strangle on the championship.

As for the race.... WOW talk about war of attrition. Last man standing wins in this case only 10 cars survived.

Happy Birthday Rubens Barrichello... a well fought 3rd place!

and according to www.f1live.com ... the dodo brain they call Montoya wants to get out of his contract with McLaren for next season.

21. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Actually, only 9... I guess Ralf completed enough laps before he went out to where they'll call him "finished". And that cost me 10 points in the contest! Damn Ralf!!

Note that's not an uncommon finish for Monaco.

22. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I think it was a very entertaining race, even if it did not go the way I would have liked.

23. vince308

vince308 Formula 3

May 23, 2003
    belgium
    Full Name:
    vincent

I agree, and Rubens is only 12 points ahead from Michael.....

24. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I am assuming you mean behind :)

25. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Me too.....great race and nice for Rubens with a podium finish on his 32nd birthday.....congratulations Rubens!!! :)

Greetings

Carsten