Pics Detail job | FerrariChat

Pics Detail job

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by turbomangt, May 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. turbomangt

turbomangt Karting

May 20, 2004
    Roselle IL
    Full Name:
    Gary Kouba
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

On days like this I really love my job. This Boxster came to visit me today, and I will admitt, it was a labor of love. I did the plastic bag test with the owner and he couldn't believe how rough the finish was. Most likely it was never clayed before. It looks like glass now and feels like silk.

2. turbomangt

turbomangt Karting

May 20, 2004
    Roselle IL
    Full Name:
    Gary Kouba
    Sorry, I should of posted my signature. I own and operate Perfect Auto Finish in Roselle IL. (www.perfectautofinish.com) I hosted the detail seminar at Fox Valley Motors last month. Although I do not own a Ferrari, I have detailed many. When I have time I will post tips here when I can. You are all welcome to visit my web site and ask questions on car care whenever you like. Happy motoring. Gary www.perfectautofinish.com
    "Perfection doesn't come easy"

3. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Gary,I was at that seminar,and really enjoyed it. Learned alot. I was also wondering about the P.T.Cruiser club. My wife has one....I'm getting her more and more intereseted in cars. She has the Cruiser. We get the Moss Motors catalog. Now,she wants to find a Club. Can you tell me about the one that you belong to. (Where you meet,when,website,etc....) Thanks!!!!

And,see. Dave tried some of your methods of detailing,and he won "Best 308" today up at LFSC. You know your stufff!

4. turbomangt

turbomangt Karting

May 20, 2004
    Roselle IL
    Full Name:
    Gary Kouba
    Hi Red81308. I'm a board member of the Chicagoland PT Cruiser Club, founded last year. We are growing every month, and we meet the third Thurs in the month, next meeting is 6/17 at 7 pm. In aulrious in Addison. On Lake just east of 53 next to the Marcus theather. Our web site will be up and running in a few weeks, for now you can contact me thorugh my web site at www.perfectautofinish.com Its a fun club. Hope you can make it. Gary

5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Gary,

I sent you my pictures in seperate email yesterday.

6. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    I ran out after the seminar and bought me a clay bar. I haven't had enough time to use it yet, but soon, want to get my car looking good for Oak Street festivities on the 6th... :)

Great seminar Gary! Enjoyed it a lot.....

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I just spent all day Satuday Polishing my Car with some Mequiars Show Car glaze. That stuff is absolutely incredible as far as putting an extreme shine on your car....(Uh Oh...just let my Secret out....) But,even after doing that,and driving up and down the Tollway on Sunday up to the LFSC Concours. I just remembered about the "Plastic Bag" test,(Dave actually reminded me) And,sure as Sh*t,it felt "Bumpy". You'd never know it by just looking at it. So,I'm going to do the Clay Bar,too.

Yes,we'll bring my Wife's PT Cruiser over to a meeting sometime. She's actually getting "into" cars,now.(A good thing....a Very Good thing....:) )

Not able to make Oak St. this year,though. It's my Daughters Birthday,and she's going to be 13,so.it's a Big one.....(my "Karma" is about to begin.....I'm scared....very scared......)