brake lights won't go off | FerrariChat

brake lights won't go off

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by tifosi, May 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    Following some other electical problems I was having with my 86 3.2 mondial I replaced the fuse box - all problems were fixed. Yesterday when I pulled in the garage I noticed the warning light for the brake lights would come on when I applied the brakes - this would normally mean a light was out, I then noticed the brake lights are on all the time, applying the brakes does not change anything other than cause the waring light to come on in the center consol. any thoughts on where to start

2. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    Check the brake light switch up near the brake peddle. Sounds like it either backed out of adjustment or it is broken.

3. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Agree would check the brake light switch first, then the fusebox for a stuck relay.

Good luck and best regards
    rt

4. ShanB

ShanB Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2003
    Tejas/Europe/Desert
    Full Name:
    shanb
    I too vote for the brake light switch.

5. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    Maybe you should call the other Mondial owner who started another thread.... whose lights won't come on. Between you two, you'll nail it in minutes!

6. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    thanks guys, I will advise the results

7. ian_jory

ian_jory Karting

Apr 13, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Ian
    Hi Tom,

Check my reply on the other thread I started about the brake lights not working - I found the fault in the switch and I have explained what I found inside the switch when I dismantled it. It could have a bearing on your problem.

Ian

8. Vivaldi

Vivaldi Karting

Aug 1, 2001
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Alex Vivaldi
    Tom - check my post on the other thread re. replacing the switch. Best of luck!