WOW!! Saw and heard the Novitec 360 Modena!! | FerrariChat

WOW!! Saw and heard the Novitec 360 Modena!!

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by jbjavaheri, May 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jbjavaheri

jbjavaheri Karting

Mar 4, 2004
    West L.A.
    Full Name:
    Jason
    (Long, but good)

Last Friday, I was swimming in my friend's gated community and while floating on my back relaxing (with my whole body under water except my eyes and nose; my ears were underwater) I heard/felt a vibrating noise that I instantly knew was from a car's exhaust. But, being a European sports-car FREAK, I knew in a millisecond that this exhaust note had to be coming from a high-end sports car. It was one of the most beautiful exhaust sounds I've ever heard!!!! Being that I was swimming in Bel-Air Crest, as my fellow West L.A. members know is a very nice and affluent community, I quickly started to wonder whether it was a 360 with a Capristo or Tubi, or a 550 with one of these exhaust systems. I've heard a 360 with a Capristo exhaust before (don't know which number system 1,2 or 3/LC though) but this sounded like it was coming from a bigger,V10 or V12 perhaps, engine. So I thought probably a 550, Murci, Vanquish or, wait a minute, a CARRERA GT!!!!!! I've heard a lot of nice exhaust systems on different high end sports-cars but this was the NICEST one I've ever heard!!! Loud, deep, sporty hum that sounds like a race car.

The car was at idle, yeah, IDLE and I was still getting hard in front of all the little kids at the pool!!!!!!! (But one of the kids' moms was there who's such a MILF it's not even funny so I wouldn't mind) Then after about 10 seconds, the car reved and drove off, not fast but fast enough, and drove up the hill by the pool I was at. WOW, what a sound. I got disappointed cause I didn't get to see the car and thought that it was over.....

...but it wasn't. This time I was completely UNDERwater and heard the same sound again, but this time, I got out of the pool as fast as I could to see what it was but missed it. DAMN!! My last chance....

..NOPE! As I was leaving the community, I saw my best friend in his car pulling in, as just as I was saying bye about to make a left onto Sepulveda, I saw a HOT younger Asian woman in a highly modded red Modena driving up to enter the community. THAT WAS IT! I SAW THE CAR THAT WAS MAKING SUCH BEAUTIFUL MUSIC!! The second I saw it I knew that it was the Novitec Modena Coupe. WOW, that car looks good. I think it's the only one in the U.S. right now. I called my friend on his cell phone and told him about the car and my experience.

Bare with me guys...here's the best part. My friend calls me about an hour later and tells me that he followed the hot lady to her house and spoke to her. She ended up being very nice and told him that it WAS the Novitec Modena Coupe and that it was the first one in the U.S. Said it had 600 horsepower and that German engineers flew here to fix it up. ( IIRC). So who is this hot asian lady driving the hottest car in L.A.?

Claus Ettensburger's wife!!! Yes, the CEC man himself! He's my friend's neighbor. How cool is that! My friend told me that she was soooo nice and sat there with him and explained the whole car to him. Also told him to swing by CEC to meet Claus and to mention that he had met her. What a really cool lady. Can't wait to do that!!!

2. TheScarletStang

TheScarletStang Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Irvine, California
    Full Name:
    Sean Salter
    Sounds like this Modena was a run for the money eh? Wow I would love to see that Novitec Modena ^_^ 600 bhp?!?! MY GOD what has this world come to? :)

3. TheScarletStang

TheScarletStang Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Irvine, California
    Full Name:
    Sean Salter
  4. ourobos

ourobos Rookie

Jan 4, 2004
    You have to love Italian cars modded by Germans! Has anyone seen the yellow Novitec modded modena at FX?

5. jbjavaheri

jbjavaheri Karting

Mar 4, 2004
    West L.A.
    Full Name:
    Jason
  6. Frissen

Frissen Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2003
    USA/Mexico
    Full Name:
    Frissen Gutierrez
    The wife is the one with the money, Claus used to be a Lorinser sales rep, he was sent to the US to sell & promote Lorinser and while at a dealer he met his current wife who plunge the money to start CEC, so no wonder she drives the Novitec, she's the boss. Claus probably drives a rental (just kidding)

7. jbjavaheri

jbjavaheri Karting

Mar 4, 2004
    West L.A.
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Interesting. You sure about that? I have no idea.

8. h22gordo

h22gordo Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    So. Cal.
    Full Name:
    Gordan
    Thats funny!!! I saw her driving the same Rosso Scuderia 360 on Sepulveda this past Sunday!!!

Gorgeous car!!!

9. Frissen

Frissen Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2003
    USA/Mexico
    Full Name:
    Frissen Gutierrez
    Positive, I was in the aftermarket industry during the 90's, we bought some from CEC but supplied ourselves the most from DAZZ. It was funny how I met Claus, I was at TWS for a Ferrari Challenge race (circa 1993) and we met the BH guys at their hotel. Upon arrival I saw a guy standing by the balcony who by the time I entered the room asked me where did I get my Schnitzer stuff on my BMW, I answered CEC and he replied: "I'm Claus". He headed to Houston while I stayed at TWS. I called up my shop and gave instructions to my guys to treat aguy that look like Sting (singer) in a rental Thunderbird good. I did arrive into Houston that night and went out for dinner. He personally told me that he was working for Lorinser when he met his wife. My partner alredy knew the story and added the money thing Claus missed to tell me. So that's how I know. It caught my attention that Claus pushed me to introduce him to Carl Lewis while at TWS, Carls was our customer and knew him well but made nothing out of it. When I moved to LA for a year I found out Claus loved to touch elbows with the famous, he did VanDamme a couple of Benzes and continued on with other stars. I never cared for that even when I mingled with many famous people but I overheard he loved that therefore his clear attention to make sure his there.

So yes I'm pretty sure about that, I think the wife is an accountant and not very nice in the office, but can't tell I only met her twice at SEMA and for few minutes. This comes from an ex-employee who went to work with him.

So there you have it, no wonder she drives the Novitec and Claus the rental.

10. jbjavaheri

jbjavaheri Karting

Mar 4, 2004
    West L.A.
    Full Name:
    Jason
    ok, ok. I believe you. Just kidding. Nice story. One of my friends from high school met him too about 5 years ago when they bought the Silver/Gray Lorinser-ed out S500 and Black/Gray Lorinser-ed out CLK 320.

Wouldn't mind meeting him myself, and his wife. heh heh.

11. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Martin and I just saw this same Modena and the hot Asian woman driving it yesturday after the Ferrari drive!! HOT stuff!

12. FastRed355

FastRed355 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2003
    Westwood
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I also so her last week driving past Veteran on Wilshire(across from the Federal Bldg.). It was right after reading this thread.

13. jbjavaheri

jbjavaheri Karting

Mar 4, 2004
    West L.A.
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Lucky for you guys!! And me!!!

Did you guys get to hear the exhaust? How amazing was it?

14. Sup

Sup Rookie

Dec 6, 2003
    found a pic from the CEC site,

[​IMG]