Getting to Maranello From Florence | FerrariChat

Getting to Maranello From Florence

Discussion in 'Europe' started by verga72, May 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. verga72

verga72 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    I'm going to be taking a trip to Florence for a week in July. I would like to take a day trip to Maranello to see the Ferrari Museum and other Ferrari sites. Could anyone give give me DETAILED directions on how to get to Maranello from Florence. I will not have a car. I guess taking the train would be the best way, but I've heard that there is not rail stop in Maranello. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Chris

2. Organiser

Organiser Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    West Midlands UK
    Full Name:
    Phil Haynes
    Hi Chris,

Any reason for not hiring a car and driving there, it would be much easier that way. You could get a train to Bologna then on to Modena, you may even get one direct to Modena then it would be either a bus or taxi to Maranello.

I will ask a friend about the trains and bus to Maranello and post it here, I can help with driving directions if want them.

Regards

Phil.

3. verga72

verga72 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Hi Phil,

The reason why I was not planning on hiring a car is I will be going on some organized tours a few of the days (Siena, Pisa, Chianti). The way the tours are scheduled I will be going on one every other day. I would have to hire the car for just a day so I figured the train would be a better alternative. Also, I will be staying not far away from the S.M. Novella Station. Any information you could get about trains and buses to Maranello would be very helpful. If what you said is the case, I'll get a ticket to Modena and then catch a bus or cab to Maranello. I just want to make sure I'm able to get there and back OK as I really don't speak too much Italian. Thanks for your help.

Chris

4. ForzaFerrari

ForzaFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 25, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Waldo
    I once did the trip from Modena to Florence by train and bus. It was a very nice, and not too long trip. Can't remember all the details, because it was a long time ago (I think it was 1990)...It was in the same year of the ' L'idea Ferrari ' in Florence!
    ...but it can be done :) public transportation is not bad in Italia IMHO

ciao and have fun!

Waldo
    ForzaRossa.com

5. Shellieme

Shellieme Rookie

Apr 19, 2004
    Raliegh, from TX&CA
    I traveled from Modena to Maranello last June 30th-July1st. Maranello is somewhat of a quiet town and I wouldn't have expected much in the way of flexibility with public transportation to and from the town.
    When we drove into town in a rental car we could hear cars on the track. We immediately pulled over with cameras in hand to film and photograph a red ENZO on the track. It was amazing!! What an experience. The museum and the F1 stores were great but the peering through the chainlink at the ENZO was the highlight of the day. Make sure you get a chance to look at the track.

6. trevi

trevi F1 Rookie
    Owner

May 19, 2003
    Switzerland
    chris

you may find the following schedules to plan your trip:

http://www.trenitalia.com/home/en/index.htm for the connection from Firenze (Florence) to Modena, and

for the connection from modena to maranello check this site (unfortunately only in italian):
    http://piazzagrande.comune.modena.it/h3/h3.exe/a2000/s|var|tmp|hwtemp|3se40d-ba3.tmp/d6

hth,