learning Spanish | FerrariChat

learning Spanish

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by true, May 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. true

true Karting

Jun 5, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Nick
    I would like to add another language to my people skills, and feel I will benefit the greatest from learning the Spanish language. Wondering if anyone here has learned spanish in a similar method, (starting from scratch -- no schooling) and could recommend a good program. There are literally 100's of books and videos I've found at my local library, just not sure where to start. Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Nick

2. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    It can be done. The down side to learning in the classroom or from a book is that you will not have good communication skills with actual Spanish speakers. Your accent will be thick and you will slaughter your grammar… It would help if you move to a place where the language is spoken like Mexico…you will learn it faster when there is a urgency to learn.

PD

P.S. Your choice of Spanish is a good one.

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Houston is close enough, and you can drink the water!!!

4. dfratini

dfratini Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 31, 2003
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel Fratini
    Nick,

I have used Rosetta Stone [www.rosettastone.com]. It is very good; uses both audio and visiual interactive learning on your computer.

Thic coupled with one of the many Spanish language channels on most cable TV services will get you going in very short order.

Good luck!

5. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    I suggest a Bi Girlfriend/Hooker. Bilingual, that is. Actually...