360 Problems | FerrariChat

360 Problems

Discussion in '360/430' started by GS Lee, May 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GS Lee

GS Lee Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Greg Lee
    Seriously thinking of purchasing an 02 360 Coupe, stock except for tubi exhaust. I presently own a a 95 355 with only 6,000 miles and have had numerous small quality issues but nothing major. Can anyone advise me on problems that are common to the 360 and fixes for those problems?

Thanks for the help,

GS Lee

2. ze_shark

ze_shark Formula 3

Jul 13, 2003
    Switzerland (NW)
    I'd recommend http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6155
    The only addtl things I learned meanwhile are:
    - 360 F1s: abnormal clutch wear
    - 360 manuals: clutch pedal failure

1995 355 with 6000 miles ? That's not much for a 9 year old car, almost qualifies as a garage queen.

3. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    It is a garage Queen,my 355 is 1999 and has 16674.

4. ze_shark

ze_shark Formula 3

Jul 13, 2003
    Switzerland (NW)
    Mine is 06/98 and has 38'000km, but I guess that's not the point. I should have worded my previous post differently.

The nature of issues you are going to run into is likely to differ a lot if you average 500 miles a year or a more 'normal' 5000 (or more).

5. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I misfired while starting her last wk....tried it again before the "Check OK" light came on and triggered the CEL...so far, she refuses to turn off. I guess this is quiet common w/ 360....It's very annoying

6. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    You should restrain yourself from starting her up before the Check OK light turns on. The car goes through a self-calibration and needs to see certain inputs before starting up. I've never had that problem with mine for the last three years. The only time my CEL has come on was when I smog checked it, and the tech did not tightly close the gas cap!

I can't say for sure but the '02s are probably problem free! The 99s, 00's and early 01's had a few corks that have been fixed in the newer models.

7. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Thanks.
    I will trade mine in for a 03 tomorrow...LOL.
    So...how did you reset the CEL?

BTW, love the profile picture.

8. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    I have a 01 6 speed 5.3k miles and the onlu two issues have been a faulty gas guage (would only read 3/4 max) and a clutch slave bearing seal leaking.

9. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    i had two 2002 360 modenas. both of them constantly had the CEL on. the dealer likes to plug the car into the computer to check to make sure there is no serious problem that caused the CEL to come on. then they turn the CEL off. however, approximately 50 percent of the 2002 360s had a software problem in the ECUs which caused the CEL to come on for no good reason. ferrari ultimately decided to replace the ECUs with 2003 ECUs which had updated software that resolved the CEL problem. if you have a persistent problem with the CEL on then the dealer has to document that the problem is not caused by loose gas cap, bad grounding, etc. once they do this ferrari will authorize them to replace the ECUs with updated ECUs.

btw, i *think* you can reset the CEL by switching the battery off and turning it back on. you should contact ferrari and tell them your situation and ask them if it's okay to reset the CEL by switching the battery off/on. they'd probably prefer to check the diagnostics to make sure the CEL was nto set for by a more serious problem. let me know how this all works out :)