dino in HKG | FerrariChat

dino in HKG

Discussion in 'Asia' started by dartman, Mar 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dartman

dartman Rookie

Mar 10, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I was out walking in Lai Kwai Fong on Tuesday, and saw a dino drive by, awsome to see. Especially as I'm from Canada, and it's still -15 degrees at home.

Dartman

2. hk328

hk328 Rookie

Nov 14, 2003
    Hi Dartman, welcome to HK. Hope you enjoy your stay and see some more exotic cars whilst in town. A number of Dino's in HK, at least 5 to my knowledge, 1 Black, 1 Yellow and 4 Red!

3. dartman

dartman Rookie

Mar 10, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Where does one go in HK to drive the cars? Week days are clearly a lost cause, however south Lantau looks reasonable. Is there a reliable garage to get servicing done? I've heard some horror stories.

dartman

4. bubba

bubba Formula 3

May 8, 2002
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    PPPP
    I saw a silver Dino being worked on at my mechanic's garage a few weeks ago. Nice cars.

Dartman, I live out in Tuen Mun, so I can get some real roads to drive. I now take the 512TR to work about twice a week. It's a nice 50-mile journey roundtrip roughly, as I avoid the rush hour times.

You get some decent roads to drive in the New Territories, such as the road to Lok Geng, Tai Mo Shan, from Ma On Shan to Saikung, etc.

As for garages to use, I use a small, but reliable shop right behind the authorized dealer's service center. If you want his details, just PM me.

5. GRANDE GRINGO

GRANDE GRINGO Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    PERNAMBUCO/RECIFE BR
    mr bubba
    can you tell me the approx value of a 550/512tr is in hk,where will i search for one,as i will attend the shanghai grand prix this year,and will pass hk.there a guy here in aust. who has a good contact with the local dealer,that how i think he sousces the best vehicles.
    regards
    tom

6. bubba

bubba Formula 3

May 8, 2002
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    PPPP
    Tom, 512TRs are hard to come by nowadays in HK. A 92 model was sold a few months ago at around HK$580K I think. For a later 512TR, I imagine you would need to pay close to HK$650K. Of course, this all depends on the condition of the car.

As far as 550s are concerned, the 97 model is coming in just a hair under a million HK.

Try these sites: www.carcity.com.hk; www.italianmotors.com.hk; www.europeanmotors.com.hk; mtb.classifiedpost.com