Lovely Sunday Drive | FerrariChat

Lovely Sunday Drive

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by camchain, May 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. camchain

camchain Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Ron Hetherington
    Sunday was perfect for a morning drive. You know, temperature in the 60s, Blu Tour de France sky (that would be paint code FER 522). No pretense, no agendas, just great cars and good company. Thanks MPH for making a few phone calls. BTW, the Boano in the photo was just fine we were just trying to figure out how it can possibly be so quick!

2. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Thats Awsome! What area were you all driving in? Wish I could have seen.

3. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Ron, good to se that you had a great time, but why no one knew about the
    ride ??
    Glad to see that you're posting so we could have more alive drivers in Col.
    Are coming to the BBQ July 24th
    Roland
    F40LM

4. camchain

camchain Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Ron Hetherington
    Good Morning Roland,
    The drive was rather impromptu and we had a couple of beautiful non-F-cars along with us. Small groups with similar goals tend to be more fun than the the big club drives for me.
    I'm afraid that I haven't renewed my FCA membership for the last couple of years (prior to that I was a member for 20 years) so I'm not really eligible for your BBQ. Thank you for mentioning it though. I loved seeing your F-40 at PPIR and the start of the Springs Fling. You are the best of enthusiasts.
    Ron Hetherington

5. Oneday

Oneday Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Colorado
    Nice picture. If I am not mistaken that is off of highway 67 near Sedalia and hwy 105 correct? Have you taken hwy 105 south from that point down to Palmer Lake? If not, it is a great drive...nice curves, beautiful scenery. Sometimes alot of weekend traffic, but if you get out early enough it is great. Thanks for the pics and keep them coming!

6. juanito308

juanito308 Karting

Mar 7, 2003
    Littleton, Colorado
    Full Name:
    John
    Hi Ron,

Sorry I couldn't come with you, Mike and the guys this time around. Did you go to Limon again? Mike does love the breakfast out there. I have the correct wheel bolts now so I can comfortably cruise at "speed"! Maybe next time.....

7. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder

Hello Ron, I'm working with our president to get some off the non members
    to come at the BBQ. I'm waiting to hear how much they will charge for the pig roast.
    Let me know if you want to attend and how many more would like to come.
    Take care
    Roland
    F40LM

8. camchain

camchain Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Ron Hetherington
    Hey Oneday,
    You nailed the location of the photo within about 200'! Not bad. Our route did take us south on 105 for breakfast in Palmer Lake.
    Cheers,
    Ron Hetherington

9. camchain

camchain Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Ron Hetherington
    Hello John,
    You were missed! We went up Jarre canyon and then south for breakfast in Palmer Lake. It was agreed that we would go again soon. I'll see you next time.
    Ron Hetherington

10. camchain

camchain Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Ron Hetherington
    Roland,
    You are a man of uncommon generosity.
    Grazie,
    Ron Hetherington

11. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Hi Ron, Thanks and I need all Ferrari owners to work together so we could
    a big bunch of happy drivers...This could be cool to show the other states that we have more than 4x4 and tractors in Col.
    We have our own chat region that's growing, no it's time to get all together.
    See ya soon.
    Remember that on the 8th evening, the Players Run will be at Union Station.
    You must like old cars with a name like Came Chain, in a new life, you could be Came Belt...
    Roland
    F40LM

12. Oneday

Oneday Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Colorado
    I used to live a couple of miles south of that point and have driven by the barn in the background a few hundred times. I lived in the area for about 18 years and was always suprised that I didn't see more sports/exotic cars on those roads. I don't think I saw one Ferrari on hwy 105 the entire time I lived down there. Glad to see some great cars taking advantage of those roads!